July 17, 2017
Mom, I would just like to wish you a Happy Birthday this week, and even though I've been calling you old since you turned 35, you're still just getting older! jaja jk. You're the most youthful mom I've ever had!! :) Loveeee youuuuu!
okay, roses and thorns :)
My rose is definitely Sunday. All 5 of our investigators with baptismal dates came to church wooo hooo!! And an antiguo investigadora. And a girl who is here studying, from Columbia. Her mom's a member, and she showed up, found the bishop, and told him she wants to join the church! Sooooo yeah, miracles really do exist people! We were running around like chickens with our heads chopped off, but that's the way I want all of our Domingos to be!
My thorn is that Saturday we woke up with a ton of water on our second story floor, and it just happened to be the one night that it didn't rain. We got it cleaned up, but the tile floors were all wet, and I was walking down the stairs with a bucket and mop, yeah you know whats coming, well yeah, I fell down the stairs, and it sort of hurt. But miraculously, even though I hit my back, most of my weight fell on my elbows, so my backs fine, but both of my elbows are green and purple! haha... it's pretty awful looking, and super weird. I've never really bruised my elbows before.
I would just like to tell you guys a little bit about my companion, Hermana Atanacio. She's amazing. She took some getting used to, but really I just needed to get to know her. She's from La Paz, Bolivia. She's 25 years old and the youngest of 9 kids. The missionaries found her family when she was younger and a couple of her siblings were baptized. One of her brothers died from too many drugs and alcohol when she was 8, and she was baptized when she was 11. She went to school and has a degree in Agronomic Engineering (whatever that is :)). Her mom just got baptized 3 years ago, and her dad still hasn't decided its his time yet. Since she's the youngest of a big family, her parents are older (almost 70) and don't know how to use technology. She hasn't really had communication with her family for the last 14 months. And her testimony is incredible! She has such a special love for the people that we teach, and she teaches in a way that is specific to the person and their needs, and she is always thinking about other people and what she can do to help them. She's like a little angel, and I have learned a TON from her, both about being a better missionary, and also Spanish :) Gracias a Dios, he tenido la oportunidad a conocer este maravillosa hija de Dios.
If at first you don't love someone, give it some time, and get to know them a little better :)
Hermana Bailey
![]() |
| Bowling on P-day. |
![]() |
| Hermana Atanacio y Hermana Bailey |


No comments:
Post a Comment