Hola!
I forget that it's cold there, because it's actually pretty toasty down here. Their hottest months are April, May and June, so we're starting to warm up quite a bit. I can already feel a difference in the temperature, i don't really sleep with a blanket anymore, and we walk in the shade if it's ever possible. Not really looking forward to the next few months of heat, but I'm actually in probably the coolest place in the mission, so i don't really have anything to complain about.
![]() |
| piña ice cream IN A PIÑA! |
The lessons are getting better, but still what I struggle with the most. But my companion is super great and patient and is letting me ease into things rather than expecting me to know everything!
Tepoztlan is back to normal FINALLY after Carnaval!
But this week was even more nuts that last week for us!
Tuesday we got back from Cuernavaca like normal and had most of the day to work in our area, and found a couple more investigators Woo! Wednesday we had the full day in Tepoz.
Thursday we had interview with Presidente in Cuernavaca, so we just went there and back in the day, but it took most of the day, the only other things we had time to do was our english class (which we're up to 3 students - what what) and correlation with our ward mission leader, he's super awko taco but he helps us a lot!
Friday was back to Cuernvaca and we had to wake up at 5:30 to get there on time :'( for zone conference with Presidente from 8 in the morning until 3!!!
lets just say I had a MAJOR headache! It takes so much brain power for me to understand Spanish! So much concentration! But I made it! And then we ate and then we had another surprise meeting about family history which was relatively boring but we were super tired and just laughed at everything. Also I MET SOMEONE IN EMILY'S WARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE WAS BORN IN CUERNA MOVED TO UTAH WHEN SHE WAS 11 AND THEN ONE OF HER FRIENDS FROM HERE CAME AND LIVED WITH HER IN UTAH FOR A YEAR AND NOW HER FRIEND IS GOING ON A MISSION SO SHE IS HERE TO SPEND TIME WITH HER AND SAY GOODBYE. But she's from Pleasant Grove and knows aunt Emily!! nuts huh? her name is Whitney Bird!
![]() |
| (This is the girl in Em's ward) |
This is our family (the one we are teaching). . .
Fernando is in the middle, he's the one getting baptized on Saturday and the little girl is Judith and then there's Tere and Merced who are going to get married! yay!
So, because of the surprise meeting we ended up having to spend the night even though we didn't pack anything. and then went home the next morning because we had Fernandos baptism interview!! (he passed) woo hoooo! We then came right back to Cuernavaca because we had the adult session of Stake Conference (not gonna lie, it was a little boring, maybe I was just tired..) and so we spent the night AGAIN because of stake conference on sunday, and then we just stayed sunday night because we have district meeting tonight, so we'll be staying AGAIN tonight and finally going home on tuesday!
what a week!
The hermanas house that we're staying at is approximately the size of our kitchen: 1 room and a teeeeeennnyy tiiinnny bathroom, and there's 2 other hermanas staying too, so the 6 of us, and we just take turns sleeping on the tile because there's only 5 mattresses but it's actually not that big of a deal because we're always so tired we just pass out and its actually been SUPER fun...like a 5 day party! 3 mexicanas and 3 gueras and I can't tell you how much fun we've been having!
I know you guys wish you could be here doing what I'm doing, you're all jealous, I know, but you can't - lo siento.
Muchismo amor,
Hermana Bailey
P.S. This is probably my favorite thing to eat, a pollo y papa y queso quesadilla! mmmmmm :)
(We're really not supposed to eat street food because its "dirty", but its SOOOOO GOOOOD! and I have gotten sick from members food twice, but never from street food, so....
Funny story, yesterday all 6 of us had comida with a member here in Chapultapec and last night we all woke up at various times with diarrhea but nobody knew anyone else was sick until this morning at 6:30 when we woke up and one hermana groaned and said "tengo diarea" and all the rest of us said "yo tambien" and then we passed around the bottle of pepto taking shots!)






No comments:
Post a Comment