Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Becomes a Trainer!

July 24, 2017

Dear Bailey Family,

     I am pleased to inform you that your daughter, Sister Maelynn Joy Bailey, has recently been given the assignment as a trainer in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  I consider this assignment to be one of the most important in the mission.  As a trainer, your daughter’s companion will be a newly-arrived missionary.  She will have the responsibility to show by example how to be an excellent servant of the Lord, applying the principles of Preach My Gospel and other instruction received in the Missionary Training Center. 

     I am confident that Sister Bailey will help her companion establish righteous habits and patterns of missionary excellence that will bless this new sister throughout her mission.  In doing so, together they will develop lifelong memories of sacred service together.
                                                                                                       
    Please know of my love for and confidence in your daughter.  Sister Bailey is one of our best.

Sincerely,

President Héctor Ávila Rosales

Mexico Cuernavaca Mission

"Hi, my name is Hermana Bailey. I'm 5' 4'' and I feel like a giant. LOL 


July 25, 2017

 It's actually cooler down here.  Like the 80's. Right now it's actually in the 70's and it feels gooood! So please don't think that I've turned into a disobedient missionary because I'm writing on a day that's not my P-day. It's because yesterday I had to sit through training's, and we didn't have any time to write.  

So yesterday I got my new companion, fresh out of the ccm.  Her name's Hermana Garcia.  She's 20, from Tijuana, and is a convert of 2 years.  She rocks! 


     I've been nervous all week knowing that my comp was going to leave me, and I would be left alone in this huge area that I don't even know half of, and with the responsibility to teach a new missionary not only the area, but also everything she needs to know about being a missionary.   But after meeting her, and saying a lot of prayers, I'm not so nervous.  A little stressed maybe, but that's healthy :) 

     We had a baptism on Sunday, a niño named Ivan :) He lives with his grandma who is a member, and hes adorable! 


And here's a pic of my elbow in case you didn't believe that I fell down the stairs! 


Love you fam! 

Landen: Suerte con el calor landiinii!  Umm - any tips on how to get along with our ward council? and convince them that having baptisms is a good thing??



No comments:

Post a Comment