February 20, 2017
OK... first off, dad, I need exercises to do to keep my knees healthy, because we walk up and down mountains every day, and my knees hurt occasionally and apparently its a problem in the mission, one of the hermanas in our district almost had to go home for knee problems, and I really don't want that to happen!
Secondly, we don't have a piano at our "church" so we sing with a cd, and we just ignore the fact that the cd is even playing. and when we sing at district/zone meeting it's acapella and it's legitimately AWFUL! like I just have to stop singing so that I don't break out laughing! it's really bad, and really funny!
So we met a family this week, IDK why no one told us about it, but they've been meeting with the missionaries for a while and have all the lessons and all their attendances (your investigators have to go to church 5 times before they can be baptized here) and their testimonies are super awesome! BUT, they were both married before and have been living together for like 7 years and aren't divorced. Ugh. so we're working on getting them divorced so that they can get married and baptized and sealed next year! but they have an 11-year-old son that will be getting baptized in the next couple of weeks!!!
I didn't eat anything too crazy this week. Here is us with some Nacho corn!
We've just been doing a lot of contacting and if you can tell from my pictures, I'm still keeping up my talent of sharing other people's clothes :)
Ok so one of my companions' friends had this on his mission and so we tried it this week, and then we had it again because it's really so good!
and you all need to try it!
(dad for one of these days that you just feel like getting everyone in the kitchen to try something new)
step one: make a Pb and J
step two: make pancake batter
step three: dip the sandwich in the pancake batter
step four: cook it like a pancake/ french toast/ grilled cheese. Just cook it
step five: eat the delicious creation
optional, but suggested: eat while warm and dip in syrup
Seriously guys...life changing!
So we have a cool little pyramid in Tepoztlan! which means I got to go hiking!! I love hiking! and almost our whole zone came and hiked with us today! A less active member family owns a t-shirt place, so she made these for us super cheap. and we're totally going to reactivate them I just know it!
That's so fun to hear about Sadie and Seth! It's surprising how much I miss dance, I didn't think I would, but I really do! Also, we're only allowed to listen to hymns, and sometimes I find myself dancing around our little house to the hymns. Haha I'm
glad to hear that Rocky is still the same! I'm sure it will still be the same next time I get to watch it too, pero quien sabe?
I feel the power of everyone's prayers every day. its really an amazing feeling that I don't know how to describe, but its just another testimony to me of the truthfulness of this church!
Love, Maelynn




No comments:
Post a Comment