Monday, July 10, 2017

Wherein Landen Meets His New President

July 10, 2017

  Btw guys, I'm alive. I'm good. This last week has been super fun and a lot of changes took place.

     I went on three exchanges this week. One with the district leader, his name is Elder Higgins, he's super cool and I learned a lot from working with him. 

     One with the other Elder in our district, Elder Mancilla.  He's super cool too and we got a lot done together. Both of those guys are from Utah.  They're the ones in the supes awkward selfie.  Mancilla is the Latino, and Higgins is the other Gringo.


     Then in this last week our old president, President Boucher left, and the new president came in - President Smart.  He's super cool. we had a zone conference last Thursday to meet him and his wife.  Then after the conference he wanted to go out and work with real missionaries for a few hours and he chose to work with the district leader and his companion from my district (Elder Higgins and Mancilla) because of this, his assistants went on intercambios with me and my comp. 

     So that was kinda stressful, cause I had to lead the area, but it was super fun too. I went with Elder Waidmann.  He's only got one transfer left on the mission, and he is way good at contacting people which helped me a lot cause I suck at contacting.  The other pic is of me with the new President and Elder Waidmann after our exchange.


    So this week was actually super good for me and my comp as far as progressing the investigators we have.  We placed two baptismal dates, one on an investigator named Wilfredo, he is a 50-60 +/- yo man who loves listening to our lessons. What's more - he actually enjoys reading the LDM and praying. He came to church for the first time yesterday and it was so cool. Right when he walked in, another member walked up to him and gave him a hug, I guess they're old friends.  So that's super cool. His date is the 29th of July.

    The other investigator with a date is a 14 yo boy named John. He is awesome. When we found him he told us his favorite thing to do was worship God.  We've had a couple lessons with him and he loves them. His family doesn't participate (yet - we're working on that) but they're super supportive of his desire to get baptized. He didn't come to church though.  So we'll work on that too.  His date is the 5th of August.

Love you all family, thanks for all the emails.
Have a great week.

-E Bailey

Sunset over the Ocean


No comments:

Post a Comment