Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Wherein Landen Loses 10 pounds!

July 24, 2017

Thanks guys, and it's not all that much hotter here, prolly in the 90's too, but like, 100% humidity so its a different hot.

We've been running quite a bit here.  Not to just outdo Miles, but I ran a 5:48 last week and have successfully lost the 10 lbs I put on in the mtc. I don't think I'll lose much more tho.

Good luck with all your school mom, and happy birthday. (just a little late)

Ummm, news from here: so we're not doing quite as well as Maelynn did last week, we lost both of our baptismal dates and didn't have any of our investigators come to church.  Which means that our baptism that was planned for this Saturday is not going to happen. 

Wilfredo (he's the one that was suppose to get baptized this Saturday) had a stroke last week. I guess he fell and hit his head which caused the stroke, but he's half paralyzed and in the hospital right now.  We went and visited him last Saturday and he started crying when we walked in the room. It was super tender and suuupppeerrr spiritual.  We gave him a blessing and read to him from the scriptures before heading out.  We'll go back this week to see him again with his member friend from the ward.

John, our other investigator, is still super cool, and still wants to get baptized....but he's a 14 year old boy that is slow to commit to stuff and the little [lovely child of God] won't come to church.  So since they have to come twice before they get baptized his baptism is getting delayed as well. 

Last week of the transfer this week. Eld Higgins is going home, we're getting a new district leader named Elder Batchet tomorrow.  Me and Rodriguez are still together and going strong.

That's about it. 

Ummmmmm: Spanish lesson for Seth on down: phrase of the week: 'coge un bizcocho'. Here in Puerto Rico it means: 'Take some cake'.   And for that it is my favorite thing to hear.  But be careful, cause it means different things in different countries as I'm sure Maelynn and Mom will tell you.

Love you all: have a good week.

Elder Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment