Monday, July 31, 2017

Wherein Landen's Landlord Lands On Him!

July 31, 2017

   lololol, Please send pics of the van, and the dead (prolly) deer. Chrstian told me a little about salmon river, it sounded pretty fun, I really enjoyed it when I went.  How many times did you flip your kayak on the upper half of the river, dad? 

   Okay.  Super funny story now, listen up, pay attention, and prepare to laugh, cause I'm still laughing about this and it happened like 4 days ago:
Friday night, well actually Saturday morning, I woke up to a phone call at 1:20 am. It was coming from the other 2 elders that live in the house with us and I was super confused why they were calling us cause they were supposed to be asleep in the other room. but I answered. It was Elder Bachez on the other end and he started talking to me in Spanish. Now, Guatamalen Spanish is actually pretty easy to understand, more so than Puerto Rican Spanish... but my mind was not working at 1 in the morning so I had no idea what he told me. He gave the phone to Elder Mancilla who speaks English and Elder Mancilla just told me to wake up my comp and come out of my room.  I had no idea why, so I just went and unlocked the door to our room and opened it up. I woke up really fast when I saw what the problem was.  Right outside our door in the hallway was a full grown man asleep on the floor in a state that elder Bachez described as 'bien bien boracho' (super-duper drunk).   

       The best part about it all was that it wasn't just any random drunk from the street. It was our landlord Johnny. In case you didn't know, Puertoricanios love their beer, and love their rum even more. And Johnny had had a lot of it that night. The other two Elders went next door to wake up his wife, and she came over and told us that if we could get him out and to the bottom of the stairs (we live on the third floor) that she would bring the car around to pic him up. 

      We got him up and awake enough that he could kinda walk with his arms around mine and Bachez's neck.  But he was kinda resistant.  He thought he was in his own house and he thought we were pulling him out of his house so he tried to fight us off.  Rather pathetically, cause he was so drunk he could barely stand, let alone fight.  Unfortunately for us, his attempts to fight us off wore him out so much that right when we got to the top of the stairs he lost all strength in his body and just fell asleep. He literally fell asleep standing and his body just collapsed and he landed right on my foot!! 

     Then we had a real interesting time hauling him down two flights of stairs cause he weighed a good 220 lbs.  We eventually got him down and in the car (which was super difficult to lift him up into the car as well) and then went back to bed after changing all our clothes, cause the ones before were now covered in drool and sweat from 'un hombre bien bien boracho'.  But anyways, that's the story of how my landlord fell asleep on my foot at 2 in the morning. Moral of the story is: don't drink alcohol.  It makes you do super stupid things.

love y'all, have a good week!
Landen

P.S. Maelynn:  There is a sister in my district from Cuernavaca and she wants to know what ward you're in Maelynn. And as far as the ward council thing I have no idea, we don't get invited to ward council here at all, and they only give 5 minutes each month to our ward mission leader to update them on the status our the ward missionary work.  Also, If I haven't told you, our bishop is kind of an apostate, not to the doctrine of the church, but just to all of the basically everything's in the leadership handbooks in the church. For example, this last Sunday we had our primary program which was super cute, and after the primary program the bishop got up and gave all of the kids who talked a certificate and had us all raise our hands to the square to express support for the primary children. Like not anything bad, but just stuff that is weird and that he prolly is not suppose to do. lol
So - idk with the ward council, but I'm like 90% sure PMG says something about working with ward council, so you could check in there, that book is usually pretty cool.
Thanks, I'm handling the heat okay, my watch line is like super predominant now. It's cool.

And que lo que? you're training now? thats insane! Good luck little sis!  And at least she's latino so you don't have to teach her Spanish.  With the transfer change we got a new latino district leader so I am the only gringo in the house now.  Our WML loves to make fun of me and how gringo I am. He's super funny though, and also he's right, I am suuuupppppeeerrrrr gringo!
lol. ttyl. hags.

Elder Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment