Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Has her First Week in Cuernavaca!


June 19, 2017

     First of all, HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I love you daddy, and I missed you yesterday. Thanks for being the kind of father that everyone should have: always supportive, and always teaching us things and always wanting us to experience new things! You da besssst!

     My new area and comp are sooooo different.  It's like a whole new mission.  Having to learn new investigators and their situations, a new ward (yeah, I'm in a ward that's like 5 times the size of the branch I was in - but still like 5 times smaller than our ward at home) a new district and zone, and a new companion. Its crazy how differently different people do the same things! Does that make sense?  We still have the same schedule, doing the same missionary stuff, but its all soooo different! My comp is super sweet and patient with me and my Spanish. and its definitely been an adventure of learning. 

     Here's some blurry pictures of what we did today. BOLICHE!! 



      And I was just thinking about how it was kind of hard to leave Tepoz because of the relationship that I had developed with the members. and how I bet it's not that hard when missionaries leave our ward at home, well maybe it is, but it just seems like (definitely me included) we could have done better to work with the missionaries and be a part of the obra misional.   
     My companion told me this week, that being a missionary teaches you how to be a better member.  Seriously, you realize how much help the missionaries need from members in order to be successful.  And it's definitely something I want to improve when I go home. But I think we could all do a little more to be a little better at being member missionaries starting young (Seth...) and try to make it hard for the missionaries to leave :)

Always sending love and prayers your way,
Hermana Bailey

 **Had to share this funny exchange of emails between siblings:    
Dear Maelynn,
       I know I start every letter like this but, how is it going down in Mèxico? Are you having so much fun? Well any way I found some hilarious pictures of your favorite movies and thought you might like them. I hope you have a great time.  There are approximately  8,766 more hours in your mission. 
          
                                                                    Love,
                                                       Lane Bailey                   




     Oh my heck Lane! you're my favorite brother (but don't tell anyone that) that last picture is definitely my favorite. in my new area like all of our investigators feed us along with a meal with members every day, so with just short amount of time, I should basically look like Nacho Libre myself :) Holy crap, only 8766 more hours? Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment