Monday, June 26, 2017

Wherein Landen Hitchhikes a Ride With a Druggie!

June 26, 2017

     My comps fine. Life's fine, We're working hard and I sweat a lot.  My Spanish still sucks, but I'm loosing weight, so at least I still look good while I make a fool of my self trying to speak.  We're in an apartment with another companionship. It's pretty nice, only minorly infested.  Roads are okay. Drivers are crazy. Here's a funny story:

     So we hitch hike a lot here when we have long ways to walk and we know there wont be anyone to talk to the whole way. and this car picked us up today to drive us to the church. and we got talking. the two people spoke English so my comp couldn't understand the whole time.  And the driver said something along the lines of: "I used to talk to the missionaries all the time. but I haven't in a while. I'm a really bad person.  We do a lot of drugs. But don't worry, we haven't done any today yet."  
 I was just like "what in the what??  These peeps are crazy - get me out of this car!"... in my mind.  But out loud I just said: "Well, our church is for sinners trying to do better, you are always welcome to come to our meetings at 9 each Sunday."  Then I gave them a pass-along card and we got out of there!

     Love you all lots. Tell Sadie I'm sorry I didn't have time to respond to her, but tell her I appreciate her more than Seth who didn't even bother to write me this week.

Elder Bailey

Pics: sunset on  the Paseo that we contact down a lot -  about a 30 minute walk from our apt. and some other random pics of me.
Sunset

Overlooking the Beach

City of Aguadilla



P.S.  If you want to send me stuff - just send me the largest jar of Nutella you can find!!  ...or just letters are cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment