So, I have some exciting news (no I'm not pregnant...)
Actually, 2 exciting newses!
First of all, PAJARITO GOT BAPATIZED!
Remember, the 87 year old man who is super tiny and super adorable? Well, we had his baptism planned for Saturday, so we invited members and everything, but then we went to San Andres (where the capilla with a font is) for an appointment there because there's no missionaries there right now... and another important detail is that there is no cell service there. So we went and then started filling up the font, but had no way to communicate with anyone or know if anyone was gonna come. So Presidente Pineda shows up with Pajarito at like 3:30, because the baptism is at 4. Then a little after 4, one member shows up. And then at 5, two more members showed up. So that's everyone that was at the baptism! But who cares - it was AWESOME!
And then on Sunday when he was getting confirmed, he took out his card with a picture of Jesus and was looking at it the whole time :)
Ok, exciting news #2 ...
I got my first transfers!
yeah, we were basically 100% sure that Hna shook was going to be leaving, but Saturday night at 10:28 (super dumb because they cant call us after 10:30), our zone leaders called us and told me that I was leaving and I needed to be in Cuernavaca at a bus station at 9 am Monday morning.
woo hoo.
So Sunday was actually kind of rough saying goodbye to everyone. Honestly, probably the easiest to say goodbye to was Hna Shook, because I have no doubt in my mind that I will see her again. But the members.... who knows?
Anyways, so I packed my bags and we went to Cuerna, and guess what? We had intercambios with another companionship (basically we just switch) and GUESS WHAT? We had intercambios with Hermana Torgersen!!! remember her? my comp from the mtc??
...so Hermana Shook and Hermana Torgersen are now companions in Tepoztlán, and I'm here with Hermana Torgersen's old comp, Hermana Atanacio.
We are in Cuernavaca, in an area called Pradera. And basically this is going to be super weird because my zone is all the secretaries and the sister training leaders and the assistants to the president. yay.
So my comp is from Bolivia, she's 25, she has 13 months in the mission, loves cats, hates hunting, and speaks 0 English. jaja I'll let you know more how this goes next week, but should be interesting!
(Hermana Atanacio and I )






No comments:
Post a Comment