Um yeah, this week has been a good one...spent mostly planning these baptisms! Usually I'm super stressed at our baptisms, but this time I was just super relaxed and got to actually enjoy it! I think that's because we finally have an active ward mission leader who helped a lot and one of the councilors in the bishopric also helped a lot and we got a lot of the members involved! So for the first time in my mission I didn't have to lead the music or play the piano or sing the special musical number or anything! And it was great!!
In the pictures the kid that looks like a punk is Julio (he's really not a punk) and he was baptized by the 2nd councilor. And in the other picture, the one barefoot is the patriarch who baptized Cecilio. Now we're just waiting til next Sunday for their confirmations!
Conference was good. I'm not gonna say it was hecka rad or anything because I had to listen to 3 of the 4 sessions in Spanish, and well, it's just not the same being able to hear every couple of words in the background in English while the translator is speaking over them. But the messages are the same, and the Spirit helped me to learn a lot.
There seemed to me to be 3 general messages repeated over and over again:
1: READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!
2: Lose yourself in service.
3: TRUST in God and in His plan for you.
The prophets are truly inspired men, and I look forward to getting the Liahona in English :)
Love,
Maelynn
Woot - 9 months! Sorry, couldn't pick a favorite picture :)






No comments:
Post a Comment