October 23, 2017
The following email exchange occurred between Lane (11) and Maelynn and Landen and it cracks me up so much I thought I should share it here!
Dear Maelynn and Landen,
Hope you guys are having a great time on your mission. I am having a lot of fun
here in Idaho. Me Miles and Emerson went to grandma Bailey's house for 5 days and now we are back home going to school and every thing like that. I just finished hall of fame and now I am starting famous two. It is going to be hard according to Sadie. I just told grandma what I wanted for Christmas. What would you want for Christmas?
I hope you continue having a good time!
Love,
Lane
-----
RESPONSE FROM LANDEN:
Dear Lane, actually......... Now that you ask..........I have a list of things that I want for Christmas, but I need you to ask mom and dad for help with it.
1st: I want to know what you guys thought of conference, and no not just a letter with you favorite talks, i want to know what you guys thought of all of the talks. So maybe you could ask mom and dad if you could get a November ensign and read through a talk a night as a family, and mark everybody's favorite talks, or add personal notes from discussions you guys had has a family about the talks or something like that then you could mail me the marked up ensign. That would be super dope, and what I want more than anything else in the world from you guys!
2nd: I lied. The actually thing I want more than anything else in the world is that you guys are safe. Now I know you aren't 12 yet, but you will be before Christmas, so you can start working on your emergency preparedness merit badge cause I want you to help the whole family put together 72 hour kits in grab-and-go bags. I know we have them, but if we are being real, the ones we have now (if they're still the same) kinda suck. So you need to update them. Not saying this cause I think a big disaster is coming or anything like that. But it sucks to get your home and everything you own destroyed and washed away. and I imagine it would suck even worse if you didn't have a kit of essentials to take with you. So por la duda, please get these bags ready for the fam! Thanks Lane, your the bestest!!
Love Landen
-----
RESPONSE FROM MAELYNN:
-----
RESPONSE FROM MAELYNN:
Woah, Landen definitely out does me on spirituality. I was just gonna ask you to send me some Chick-Fil-A sauce!
Maelynn
----
OK - here is the regular letter from Landen this week:
October 23, 2017
Nice job on your guys's talks. I'm sure they were great. and good luck on your test mom!!!!!! lol, you don't need luck,. You've got the biggest brain I've ever seen and the spirit's on your side so like: straight unfailable that test is.
Maelynn
----
OK - here is the regular letter from Landen this week:
October 23, 2017
Nice job on your guys's talks. I'm sure they were great. and good luck on your test mom!!!!!! lol, you don't need luck,. You've got the biggest brain I've ever seen and the spirit's on your side so like: straight unfailable that test is.
About Seth: C'mon mom - He's wearing my clothes. Obs muh dogs all the girls are asking him out. (just kidding, he's definitely cooler than me and or my clothes every were)
This week was kinda sad. We have be teaching a ton of people recently and have been finding a lot as well. For some specifics: We are teaching this family that move here form El Salvador, and the daughter Jocelyn just got baptized two weeks ago. the dad and the other son were supposed to get baptized on the 5 of Nov. but they fell of date cause the kid decided to play video games instead of come to church. Man, if I wasn't once one as well, and couldn't relate with 17 year old boys as well as I can, I would think they are just the stupidest type of human ever.
We are also teaching this group of guys that are in a mariachi band together. They are all from Mexico, but they come up for segments of three months to perform in their band. And they are super cool! Anyways. we committed this band along with another super cool family called the Navarete family to all come to church this week as well... and nobody showed up! We had like 22 people committed to come to Church this week and none of them came!!!!! Sometimes, people's agency is just super frustrating. But at the same time, trying to take it away from them is satanic, literally. But that doesn't mean we wont do everything in our power to make sure they understand the importance of going to church.
also, I just kinda recently realized this since I've been on my mission, but i don't know a ton about yours and moms missions. I really appreciate all of these cool stories that you send us, you should tell us more, cause they're super awesome and inspiring!
That's basically it. Love ya'll!!!!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment