Monday, September 23, 2024

Wherein Lane Gets a New Companion

 September 23, 2024

OK I'll try to get this one done on Pday heheπŸ˜‚.(it's 11:08, and I need to go to bed) Basically this week was kinda interesting. On Tuesday we got a new companion!!!! His name is Elder Rodriguez! He's from Texas and he's pretty chill!
But I'm back on the air mattress now! So that is what it is. The food has been good! I eat donuts, Ramen noodles, cookie dough, pasta, and milk. And that's about it! I think I'm in for a real culture shock when I get to Peru and realize that they eat decently healthy food there.

The teaching is slow as ever here... I'm trying not to worry about it too much, cuz we legit are trying hard and putting in effort and just people aren't seeming to be interested! Anyways... I don't wanna complain about my problems, so that's that. 

Good things is that with the new companion we have been doing a lot better, and way more consistent comp studies. So that is good because sometimes personal study can get kinda boring. Also I'm almost done with my bags of cereal I bought a little bit ago, so idk what I'm gonna do once those are gone.

We did do a little service this week, and it was good because I like doing service. But it was weeding πŸ˜¬. I don't know if I had the options if I'd rather go out and weed just to have something to do, or not weed and be bored and feel lazy. So it was good to get out.

I'm hoping this week if we knuckle down, buckle down, that we can get some good work done! I think, hope, and pray it'll be good.

Just barely over 2 weeks until I go to Peru... I don't know how I'm feeling about that yet, because I feel so excited and ready to finally go to my mission! But also I'm a little nervous still! Gonna be good and I know I'm not gonna be going through it alone!

Also these Mexican people gave the other elders some super spicy like homegrown habanero peppers, and I was really freaking dying!! Like I thought habaneros weren't supposed to be that bad, but it was freaking terrible. I drank half a gallon of milk in 3 minutes!!

Glad to hear everyone at home is doing good!! 
Congrats to Spencer for getting his mission call to Poland! He's gonna be an awesome missionary.
Also congrats to Lincoln, he gave his farewell talk on Sunday, and he also is gonna be a great missionary!!
And thanks so much to all of the missionaries that are out serving right now, who are such great examples to me!
And thanks to my friends and family for being awesome and what not!!

🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
Learned a lot about patience and how to deal with people in christ like ways this week. This talk, "The Powerful, Virtuous Cycle of the Doctrine of Christ" by elder renlund is super amazing and I've heard it a bunch but learned lots of good new stuff from it. We also had a district council all about being patient and enduring to the end, and it was just about at the right time, cuz I've been having to be patient with a fee things recently!! But as long as you honestly give it your best effort and really really try your best, that that is all that needs to be done, God will help us in our endevors!!
 
Sorry for the kinda late email. Anyways feel free to reach out!!! I love hearing from you guys! Or send me a letter if you want to before I leave!!🀷‍♂️ 
"2307W. Main st. , #316
Bozeman, MT 59718"

Thanks for all the prayers. Anyways goodbye peeps have a great next week! πŸ‘‹ 

#praisetotheman

Love you all again!!
 - Γ‰lder Bailey πŸ«‘ πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ





No comments:

Post a Comment