OCTOBER 8, 2024
Hello
Guys I legit am sorry!! I swore I wouldn't write late emails again! But it's just who I ammm!!! Hehe. Truth be told, I am up packing for a big day tomorrow!! Still want to update you guys and let you all know the good news!! JESUS!! That's all the good new you need!!
Anyways... This week was super awesome!!! Lots of great things happened!!
First of all, tomorrow, oh wait crap... TODAY, I get to start my 24 hour journey to Cusco!! Holy cow guys this is the most surreal and just crazy and amazing feeling ever!! It feels like I'm finally fulfilling my missionary dream that I've had ever since I was a young lad!! I am so excited to get to Peru and like learn the culture, language, and meet all of the folks there!!! There's so much to look forward to, and I've done my share of looking forward!!
But legit tho, I'm kinda nervous!! Like this is just so completely totally different!! Like I'm not nervous like I'm scared to go or anything, I just don't even really know what it is. I know the food is going to be different, I know some ways that I'm used to living are going to be completely different or even non existent. I'm not really able to speak the language.
Anyways I'm really really super excited to just be there! And I'm sure my mom will post when I get there so you can look out for that.
Anyways, besides that the main highlights of the week were actually just over this last weekend!! On Friday, we were able to make and print out a bunch of general conference fliers, and then we took them to a lot of people!!! I hope it made a difference (I'm not really gonna be around to find out). Then that night we went to a lady's house with another set of missionaries, and some ward members and we had the opportunity to do some service for her. I just kinda sat down and fed wood into this hydraulic splitter and talked to this super nice old fella for like an hour and a half. Then wr got Taco Bell

.

.Then Saturday rolled along and we had the GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! My absolute favorite!!! I hope you all had the opportunity to watch it, and if not it's OK cuz you got the rest of your life to go do so!! But prolly sooner than later would be good! That morning we texted a bunch of people and invited them to watch conference and sent them the link and actually a few people responded so that was super amazing!! Then for the Saturday Evening session I was able to go watch with a member. Me and one of the Spanish elders went to this dudes house, and he just walked us upstairs into this tiny little kitchen... he cleared off some cinnamon toast crunch, and us three just sat in his tiny dark kitchen watching conference in Spanish on the other elders phone!! It was like my favorite conference sessions tho!! And I was able to at least get the gist of most of the talks which was good!
Then on Sunday we watched more conference. And in between sessions, I went with the Spanish elders again, and I got to teach my first lesson!!! I know I know, 6 weeks in the field and that was your first lesson. Yes it was OK, I don't wanna hear it. Anyways, I got to help teach about the plan of salvation to this dude in Spanish, and I think I honestly was able to share what I needed to share, and he understood most of it! But there is definitely work to be done! Also he went and got us some juice at the end.
Then after the Sunday afternoon session, me and my comps (non Spanish) went and taught another lesson!! 2 in one day!! And the last day of the transfer basically!! How amazing is that lol! Anyways it was super awesome and this kid is basically ready for baptism, so lots of prayers for him!! Also at the end of the lesson we asked him to pray, (we were all sitting in a circle on the grass for this lesson and his cat was out there in between us) and while he was praying his dad walked out to tell us to move the car, and he saw the cat sitting in the middle of us, and he was like "you guys praying to the cat???" First off, no we weren't, second off I dislike cats a lot which has nothing to do with the scenario, but I thought I'd tell you guys. Anyways that was silly and when he left he was like, " I can't believe my cats f*** praying" I was so close to laughing hehe.
But then we had P-day and it was a good day and I bought my mom and brother some gifts, but then realized that I don't really have a way, (or time) to figure a way to send them home, so... kinda sorry about that mom.
it's the thought that counts I hope.
it's the thought that counts I hope.Anyways I'm super excited for a couple hours from now!! I get to see Dax, we have the same flight to Peru so we are gonna be partying and giving airport people BoMs hopefully!! Wish me luck and prayers on my travels !! You guys are the bestest!!

Spiritual section:Like all of general conference!!! Especially the talk about the restoration which was one of my favorites!! And Wilcox because obviously his was a banger!!
(Sorry my spiritual sections are lacking I'll make next one super good for you guys!!)
#thedaydawnisbreaking
Also please pray for all of the people affected by the flooding hurricane stuff that's going on!! And also pray for the people that are or will be affected by the fires that are going on around here!!
Anyways be good neighbors, and love one another!! And get good sleep!!
Love you all!!
- รlder Bailey


No comments:
Post a Comment