Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Wherein Lane is Spiritually AND Physically Fed!

 September 10, 2024

First off, yesterday was kinda busy, (im just lazy) and so thats why im sending this on tuesday 😬 but amyways lets get into it.


Well another week has indeed gone by. Can't tell if it's going fast or slow!!! Often times it feels like a day takes a 100 hours and it's never going to end, but at the same time it feels like not to long ago that I was writing the last email!! But all in all it's been a good week.

As far as teaching is going... it's still deadly slow!! Like nobody! We have a few people we set up times with to meet, and then they proceeded to not answer their door! Then we would try and text a bunch of people and they would either have some excuse, or also just not answer. And then we would try and just go knock random people's doors, and they would either tell us to leave, or not want to talk to us, or also just not answer.
So that has been pretty dumb, but it is what it is.

Good thing is that this week was better for my spanish! I was able to go around with the Spanish elders who live at ours same apartment complex a few times this week!! Sunday was super awesome because I got to go to our ward, and then to the Spanish branch as well! They made me say the sacrament prayer, and even though my accent isn't the worst, I'm sure I sounded like this little white kid who didn't know what he was doing. The good news is that I can understand basically everything that the people were saying, and I even raised my hand and shared a thought in elders quorum and everyone was super chill!

The food here had been pretty fantastic... not quite sure how I still haven't managed to gain any weight, but or is what it is.
The members feed us almost every single night here! We just take this calendar with us to church on Sundays and leave it in the relief society room, and they just fill it up! It's awesome because then we have a guaranteed lesson each day, so we get to be spiritually fed, by its arguably more awesome because the people here make the best food, and we are physically fed too! 

Comps and everyone are doing pretty good, Élder Marrott got his MRI results and apparently he tore a tendon and fractured and chipped his patella. Big RIP. He might have to go home for surgery, but hopefully he waits at least until the end of the transfer.

🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
Yesterday was president Nelson's 100th birthday! If you haven't watched the celebration then I would recommend that! Shows how great of a man our prophet is, besides him being the prophet. Anyways they talked about the 99+1 challenge, and how we need to look out for the one. This is very important for missionary work so that was good. Anyways I'd watch that if you haven't already. 




Welp, shorter letter today, just don't for much to share i guess. feel free to reach out!!! I love hearing from you guys! Or send me a letter I'd you really really want to!!🤷‍♂️ 
"2307W. Main st. , #316
Bozeman, MT 59718"

 Anyways goodbye peeps have a great next week! 👋 

#allcreaturesofourgodandking

Love you all!!
 - Élder Bailey 🫡

No comments:

Post a Comment