Monday, September 2, 2024

Wherein Lane Flies to Montana!

 September 2, 2024

Hey buddies!!! Finally made it here to the field after a long time!!! Basically, I'll start on the 26th last Monday... that was my last day of MTC and it was so good, our classes were good and fun, and we had 2 testimony meetings, one in English and one in Spanish! Then later that day I was able to give some priesthood blessings to a hermana in my district along with my companion! Then he was able to give me one! Basically, that was super awesome and the spirit was super strong, and I thought I wouldn't know what to say, but I kinda just said it!! Then later that night we had a party in our dorm and ate a bunch of junk food and stayed up till like 11:30. Then I realized that I needed to start packing, so I did that super fast, and then wrote some emails until like 2:00! By then I just gave up on sleeping because I had to be at the travel office by 3:30! So I just sat on the couch! Then at 3:50ish we left and took 3 trains/busses to the airport and then I was just sitting there for like 3 hours until my flight left! There were 28 of us going to Montana, so there were a good amount of missionaries at the Airport! Mostly I just tried to sleep a little. I also got Panda Express which was good because I hadn't had good food in a month.

Then we flew for less than 1 1/2 hours and got to Billings! Our mission president the Bresslers were there waiting for us and then we went and had some food, and some interviews, and some classes, and some more food, and then we got to go sleepover at the APs house. Finally got some sleep after like 40ish hours which was nice!!!
The next day, we went to the church and got our assignments and companions, and some Chick-fil-A which was soo goood!!
I got assigned to Bozeman Montana, and my comps are Elder Marrott and Elder Johnson! They're both chill and elder Johnson was at this area last transfer.
Before heading to Bozeman from Billings tho me and élder Marrott had to take a trip to get him an MRI because he busted up his leg! Then we drove 2 hours over to Bozeman and got to our apartment which has one bedroom with 2 twin beds. Sounds nice except there are three of us, so we had to do a Walmart run and get an air mattress that I am staying on for the next 6 weeks 😬
Basically, for the last couple of days, we've been driving around knocking on doors trying to find some nonmembers and what not, but no one has answered their door and we haven't really done much other missionary work, and so it's been kinda discouraging, but it's all good!
Yesterday was a fast Sunday and I was thirsty all day! But Sacrament meeting was good, and I randomly saw Brother Lafferty from my home ward in Ephraim which was weird but cool! Then we went and studied(napped) for like 4 hours and then we drove around and tried to knock some more doors, with no answer. Eventually, we had a break-the-fast dinner at the YSA and so that made me happy! Also we bought Monopoly and have played it 8 times in like 3 or 4 days!! So that's good!
Basically, the missionary work is going kinda slow, but it's OK because just being a missionary is awesome! Like I've been waiting my whole life for this and now I'm actually here doing it!!! Kinda surreal!! The Spanish isn't going too good, I have talked to one person in Spanish for like 2 sentences the whole time! So hopefully I won't forget everything by the time I get to Peru! Speaking of which, no news on the Visa, so I'm just here waiting!! It's kinda driving me nuts but I just gotta trust in the Lord's timing!!


🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
Random story, but on the second day, we were driving around and knocking on some people's doors, and the first 3 or so people didn't answer, and as we were leaving the third guy's house, Google maps was being weird, and drove us around for like 5 minutes before randomly taking us back down the street of the house we just knocked on, then I jokingly was like "well I guess it's divine intervention maybe we gotta go knock some more", and so we got out of the car and went to his neighbor's house, and they didn't answer, so then I was like well let's just go the next one then, and he was like OK, so we went, to the next one, and they didn't immediately answer, but after the 2nd knock this guy opened the door and didn't seem too interested, but he said he was Christian, and I was like oh bet, can we share a quick message about Jesus, and he was like sure. So I shared 2Nephi26:24 and he said he liked it and we gave him the BoM and left.
Anyways, just kinda cool, and it felt good to give away a Book of Mormon!


Yea ok ok... i think that sums up the last almost 2 weeks!!!!!+ :) 

Anyway, feel free to reach out!!! I love hearing from you guys! Anyways goodbye peeps!!

#highonthemountaintop

Love you all!!
 - Élder Bailey 🫡




No comments:

Post a Comment