Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Wherein Lane Gets a New Temporary Assignment!

August 21, 2024
    Well another Pday here, sorry i didnt finish the email on time... also it's my last one at the MTC!!! Super exciting, and I'm so glad it's done!!! I can't wait to shower in a personal shower again!! This week has been pretty good, and on friday I got an email saying that I am getting reassigned because the Peruvian government dont want me there yet 😂. No worries, its all good. I got called to Billings Montana for my reassignment. I dont knkw too many details, it says I'll be in whatever language the president decides, and ill,be leaving probably next tuesday or wednesday, so not too much longer. I don't think I'll be there longer than probably a transfer, but I'm excited to go. I dont know when my pdays are going to be there, so it could be a little bit before I send another email, but I'll keep you all posted. Also I don't remember if I said this last week, but we have a new teacher because our other one kinda dipped. I was pretty sick for a day or two this week, and it sucked because I couldn't breath, and I kept coughing during stuff, and in the temple. But I just drank plenty of milk and slept a lot and now we're fine. Food still sucks but milk consumption is at an all time high! So that's great! I got a package from momma with my raincoat and some candy so that was awesome! Now I don't gotta worry about the weather as much! I also got a package from the Bro... Sethy!! He sent a package with bunch of random stuff, im pretty sure he was just cleaning our his pantry, cuz I don't even know what some of the stuff was, but there was some Nutella, candy, popcorn, and most importantly taco bell hot sauce, and 2 ginger beers!! Bro is seriously a life saver, I don't think I could have made it through the rest of MTC without it!!!!! Everything else is basically the same here, we have 7 hours of Spanish class per day, I am learning a lot which is great and I can't 🌱🌊

 Spiritual section: I was pretty bummed not gonna lie when I got a reassignment to go to Montana, I was confused because I was like Perú is my calling. But I've learned a lot of things this week that have comforted me and helped me to be ok with what is happening. First thing, is that I wasn't called to Perú, I was assigned there, I was called as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ! And that means that I get to share His message and gospel to everyone everywhere, including Montana! Secondly, I have read like 10 scriptures about trusting in the Lord, His timing, and not myself. I need to have a little faith, because that is what a mission is all about! Third, is not to worry about all of the things that are out of my control or non-important, because dwelling on them isn't going to help anything, and it means I'm not 100% focused on my missionary purpose. I just need to focus on what I can, which right now is learning Spanish, and how to share the Gospel. Yea ok ok... i think that about sums up the week :) Anyways, make sure to reach out!!! I love getting updates from you guys, and thanks for the prayers, all the missionaries here and in the field need them! Anyways goodbye buds!!! 

 #leadkindlylight 
 Drink ur Milk, it's good for the bones!! 
 - Élder Bailey 🫡











No comments:

Post a Comment