I had my first baptism this week. I went on exchanges with the Zone leaders and some others in my district. Good Week
So my compañion is freaking awesome. His home life is pretty rough, He doesn't have a father and his only sister got married and moved away a while ago. His mom is really sick and he had been taking care of her before his mission so it was really hard to leave her and come serve. He's a more recent convert so he doesn't have a really deep knowledge of the gospel but his testimony is incredibly strong. I love him a lot and he's taught me a ton.
The past couple weeks we've been teaching a little old hermana Raquel. She's in her 80s and I had the amazing opportunity to baptize her this saturday. I can't really take the credit for it though, cause I did hardly any of the teaching but my comp wanted me to have the experience and it was awesome. Also kinda difficult. She can hardly walk with her walker and can't bend her knees so the whole baptism by immersion was quite the experience.
We're also teaching this kid, Johan, and he's a stud and wants to get baptized but we need his mom's permission cause he's only ten so hopefully we can get that all worked out this week. Another of our investigators is Hermana Guadalupe. She came to church on Sunday and hopefully we will ask her to be baptized this week.
I went on some exchanges this week while my comp was in some training thing so I got to see a lot more of Cancun which was nice. The zone leaders are real cool and a little confidence goes a long way turns out. I can't even speak Spanish but they're saying I'm gonna be the next AP so that's pretty funny. But yeah, life is good, still hot as heck down here. The food is strange. We're not allowed to eat street tacos so that's just the worst. Hopefully all is well at home. Love you all lots.
Love,
Elder Bailey

No comments:
Post a Comment