Monday, September 30, 2019

Wherein Seth Finally Gets a Camera!

September 30, 2019

      So this week was great. I bought a camera so there'll be some pics attached from now on. We're kinda just groovin' now and nothing over-the-top exciting happened but it was still an awesome week. 

     Wednesday was definitely a highlight of the week. We had our 'reunion' of our "Generation" where everyone that got to the field the same day as I did,  got together to critique their trainers. It was awesome seeing all my bros from the CCM but the actual meeting was real weird.
      Pretty much I've been taught all my life that if someone hurts your feelings that ain't nobody's business except between you and them; and that tattle-telling is about the most annoying thing that you can do about that...much like the quote by someone famous that says, "Reprove thy friend privately, commend him publicly".   But we were asked to reprove him publicly. So everyone went around and said everything wrong with their trainer and, not gonna lie, some of them had some pretty awful trainers. Then when it got to me I couldn't bash on him and kinda just said he can be weird sometimes and we've had a couple disagreements but I love him anyway. It was a fun meeting. 

     Also this week we found a family with three young kids (Jorge, Maite, and Jose Luis) and they are about as receptive as can be.  My companion and I taught them the plan of salvation in our first visit and in the second we taught them about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't remember what my companion's reasoning was for skipping the lesson on the restoration, but that came back to bite us when they popped out all the questions that lesson 1 answers during our lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ and we pretty much ended up teaching the restoration too.
     Also crazy story, the dad came out at the end of the lesson cause we wanted to get his permission for the kids to go to church on Sunday and he asked some questions and we gave him a book of Mormon and that night he actually read it! Like, quite a bit!  And Sunday when we showed up to see if the kids were going to church, the dad started asking a ton of questions and we were able to answer them and then the kids went to church and loved it and they should be getting baptized on the twelfth. (that's a funky word - six consonants and one vowel:/)   

     Well hope everything is going well at home. I pray for y'all every night. 

Love ya lots, 

Elder Bailey
Proudly showing off his Mexican pride!

Seth's companion. 

Seth and his three flat-mates all sitting in his hammock!
PS: Also my p-day is going to be on Friday this week and I'm not gonna have one next week. JSYK

No comments:

Post a Comment