This week was great. Got lost, sang some songs, and it's independence day. My 2nd one in three months...couldn't be more free!
We're teaching this teen named Luis and he's awesome, when we teach him the Spirit is always present, the lessons go really well and smooth, and its just awesome. Like he knows all the lessons by heart and wants to get baptized and go to church and change his life but his mom has some rules and he can't do anything without her permission so that's real sad.
On the other hand, we have a family in Col. Valle Verde that we've been teaching and those lessons, for me, are really clunky and don't make any sense. I don't know how, but as always, God is incredible and even through the weakness of His servants testifies of truth and goodness to the investigators and touches their life with the Holy Spirit. For the past two Sundays, this family (Hermana Guadalupe and Hermano Antonio and their son and nieces) has showed up to church, wants to go to stake conference next week, and still wants us to come and teach them.
On the other hand, we have a family in Col. Valle Verde that we've been teaching and those lessons, for me, are really clunky and don't make any sense. I don't know how, but as always, God is incredible and even through the weakness of His servants testifies of truth and goodness to the investigators and touches their life with the Holy Spirit. For the past two Sundays, this family (Hermana Guadalupe and Hermano Antonio and their son and nieces) has showed up to church, wants to go to stake conference next week, and still wants us to come and teach them.
Funny story, on Saturday my companion and I needed to go to the bank to get some money for groceries so we called our zone leaders to get permission and asked which combie (bus) to take and then went on our way. We didn't know this part of town nor where to get off cause we're both new here and ended up just getting off when we felt it'd been too long. Turns out we ended up near Isla Mujeres which is not anywhere close to the bank and so we just took a taxi. Good fun.
Also last night is kinda when Mexicans celebrate independence day and I guess it's peligroso (dangerous) or something so we were told to be back in our houses by seven. But then we had the Face to Face event with Elder Soares (it was awesome btw, you should watch it) at the stake center with all the other missionaries and on the way home I ended up sitting in the middle of a group of hammered Mexicans that I guess thanks be to God they were taking public transport and not driving themselves. One of them talked to me but once I mentioned Christ he didn't talk to me for the rest of the ride. :) Life has been good.
Also last night is kinda when Mexicans celebrate independence day and I guess it's peligroso (dangerous) or something so we were told to be back in our houses by seven. But then we had the Face to Face event with Elder Soares (it was awesome btw, you should watch it) at the stake center with all the other missionaries and on the way home I ended up sitting in the middle of a group of hammered Mexicans that I guess thanks be to God they were taking public transport and not driving themselves. One of them talked to me but once I mentioned Christ he didn't talk to me for the rest of the ride. :) Life has been good.
Love you all a ton,
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment