Monday, September 23, 2019

Wherein Seth Actually Had a Clean Room! (This mom is impressed).

September 23, 2019


This week was crazy and full of fun experiences. Bought a suit, walked a lot, cleaned the house, listened to some talks and taught some lessons. Real good time. 

Last Monday I went and bought a suit for the conference on Wednesday. I found one that kinda fit, took it to the register to buy it and said a little prayer that my card would work. A little miracle happened and the card went through so that was awesome!

    The next day we went on exchanges in Huayacan again and I got to chill with my bro Elder Sanchez all day. He's going home in two weeks and is real cool. We walked at least twenty miles that day and all the appointments he had canceled on us - so yeah. 

     Wednesday we had a conference with Elder Pingree (Area pres. 70).  He talked and taught a lot and I learned a lot and actually didn't fall asleep in the five hours I was sitting down for that. That night, after comida, we got a call from the assistants to the president and they said that Elder Pingree and Pres. Marin were gonna work with us in like an hour.                 Everyone kinda made a mad dash to the house, cleaned up their stuff, tore the girlfriend pics off the wall, frantically called investigators to set up an appointment and kinda just panicked. Luckily all my stuff was in order and clean so I didn't have to do any of that and I just helped clean some of the others' dirty dishes and watched it all go down - (Much like the scene from "The Best Two Years"). 
         We then launched ourselves down to Valle Verde to meet up with them and waited for like an hour in an area we're not supposed to be in after seven.  At like 8:30 the APs called again and said that they weren't gonna make it so we went home and went to bed. 

      Thursday and Friday we worked in our area and on Friday I invited Hna Guadalupe and Hno Antonio to be baptized and they said they needed more time. Saturday my comp went to work with the hermanas in huayacan and I was left with one of the zone leaders in Kukulkan which was fun but also kinda boring cause they too don't really have anyone to teach. Some random guy screeched to a stop next to us while we were walking and gave us a hundred pesos then took off without even saying anything - so that was awesome and kinda weird. Sunday we had Stake Conference and our mission presidents and the Merida temple presidents talked. 

Good week. 

Love ya lots,

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment