Monday, April 2, 2018

Wherein Maelynn Loses a Companion and Gets Egged!

April 2, 2018

Jajajajajajajajaj oh Emerson! you don't even know what hot feels like, but walking on the sun naked is about what I feel like down here sometimes too. Its about 90 degrees usually but the sun burns pretty good and as you know, I hate sunscreen, but don't want to kill my face either, so I've been using a sombrero no worries.

Mom, I literally have absolutely no idea what I need to do to register. and when I enter the page it doesn't really tell me much either.

So this week was pretty interesting.
Tuesday we had divisions with our sister training leaders, and I hit the 15 month mark with Hermana Torgersen!!! I officially feel a little old in the mission.

     Wednesday we were in a noche de hogar (FHE) with a menos activa family (actually more like an early tarde de hogar) and usually when we do these, we give the message, the mom makes a treat, and the kids plan a game to play. 
     So we successfully shared a message about having hope and trusting in the Lord's plan for us.  Then the mom started making the treat, and the 12 year old girl came out with the game she had planned for us which included a shoe-box full of eggs she had prepared. She would ask us questions from her 6th grade classes and if we got it wrong, we would have to pick an egg out of the box and someone would smash it on our head! The eggs were full of confetti, flour, glitter, pencil shavings, and one was hard boiled. Well I mean, when she asked us math stuff, we were fine, but then she started asking us Spanish grammar and history of Mexico, and we just couldn't keep up!  Long story short, I ended up looking like a very sparkly grandma, and my comp had confetti in her hair for 2 days!  It was fun.

but then....
       our mission president called us.

He called to give us the news that my companion was going to be getting transferred to a different mission in the states to finish her time.  SHOCKING!     ..... Here's why - in her 6 months as a missionary, she had probably been sick for 4 1/2 -5 months. Basically her body ya no tiene defensas because of alllll the anti-biotics and meds she's taken.  And if she got sick again she could risk having a pretty dangerous immune system disorder. Entonces....due to orders from on high (Elder Nelson, encargado del departemento misional) she is now finishing her mission in California. (idk which mission, Landen let me know if you meet Hermana Schmidt!) 

sooo....from Friday til today, I was with some of the sister trainers, which was fine, I mean we basically just watched conference (which was actually THE BEST CONFERENCE I have ever seen in my entire life!) (also cuz we watched in Ingles)


Then today I got my new comp. Hermana Gacke!! Jaja well she's actually just been in Tepoztlán and staying with us every Monday night, so we were basically comps already but its coooool. She's from Washington and has a year in the mission. We are now down to only 5 American sisters in the whole mission! woo hoo. Minority rules.


(What a seriously small world. my new comp got here today with this bag she bought at a goodwill. lol.)

Love, Maelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment