That's exciting. I feel like this is Dad's 3rd new calling since I left that ward. So way to go Dad! Staying active and progressing the work of the Lord! I guess that goes for all of us, Go Team!
Mom - also, it's super weird that stitching flesh is fun to you. Just saying.
Oooh, now that you ask for questions, yes, I have some: I've asked this one before and didn't get a response, but I want to hear stories from your missions. I know that you both served and I've heard a few random stories from what you guys experienced like rice and beans for mom every meal every day, and that cool story about a referral dad sent that got baptized, but you guys haven't told me anything else about crazy comps, best-friend comps, converts, ward members, areas, I literally know nothing about those 2 years of both of your guys's lives! So I guess the question for you both, which is both spiritual and secular, is "What experiences did you have on your mission that made you the person you are today? I expect 10 pages double spaced in MLA format. Jkjk... I don't have time to read 10 pages, but if you have super cool stories to share, email them to us! Or if you have time (which from the way it sounds like work is going you prolly don't) a hand written letter is always super fun to receive.
As for me, In my mission, I just finished being comps with Elder Moon. We were only together for 6 weeks. Which sucked because he is a super cool missionary and I was hoping we'd say together for longer. But the Lord has His plan and His timing for everything, and He decided to assign me to be with Elder Marrow! Elder Marrow was in Puerto Rico with me too, we got evacuated together out to Riverside and even served around each other for a couple transfers in Moreno Valley, but we have never been companions until now out here in Hemet! It's going to be a ton of fun.
We are working with a lot of people right now that are in the process of repentance. They are doing their best to come unto Christ and we are trying to help them rely on the Savior himself when they feel they need help or strength to do so. I think I told you guys last week about Carlos. He's still doing great. It's cool that with the new technology devices we are able to communicate with him through Facebook messenger. And by keeping in better contact with him and other investigators, we are able to better help them with their questions or problems in the moment that that question or problem becomes such - Instead of waiting the week til the next appointment when they would have already forgotten the question or let the problem dwell for a full week. So its been helping us help other people a ton, we've even been able to have face-time lessons with people over the phones! We can talk with them, share scriptures, testimony, extend invitations, and all of the above just like a normal lesson, but on face-time. It's super cool and a great blessing for the advancement of the work in this time. You just have to be careful not to get distracted by it - like in all things.
But yeah, that's basically my life and my mission right now. Every thing is super sweet. Hope the same can be said for you all at home. Let me know if y'all have any questions for me too! I cant promise anything on the secular side but I can prolly answer a couple of spiritual questions!
Love you all!
Elder Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment