Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Returns to Tepoztlan for The Day!

August 28, 2017

Wow Landen, you're one to talk about going on lots of date....lol.


So fun to hear about all of the people going on missions! It's pretty great to be a part of this work! 

So the most exciting thing happened this week on Saturday So my companion's dad died (actually was killed) in Guerrero when she was 3 years old, leaving her mom a widow with 9 kids!  Her mom took everyone to Tijuana to escape the danger.  Fast forward 15 years: the missionaries found my comp in Tijuana. Her and her mom and a couple of her sisters got baptized 2 years ago.  Ok, well finally this week, my comp found and printed her dads name to take to the temple!  And even though we're not allowed to go, the ward members went and took her dads' name to get baptized and confirmed. Woo hoo! One step closer to being an eternal family! 

Another cool thing that happened this week ... 6 investigators showed up to church!!!

Another cool thing, our district leader got permission from president for us to go to Tepoztlán today! I don't know how he did it, but it felt like I was going home honestly.  And of course they wanted to hike up to the pyramid. I hate that hike. But we went. And I got to see a couple of members, and we went to Tepoznieves of course!

Tepotzteco

a pic of my pretty cool watch and ugly feet tan lines lol.



This dog literally followed us all the way to the base of the pyramid, then collapsed! So this Elder finished carrying it up.


Ok, and I forgot to tell the craziest thing. we went looking for a reference. and her daughter came out and started talking to us and was like "oh Mormons, the only thing I've heard about Mormons is a movie I watched. It's called the Other Heaven or something like that". And I was like "The Other Side of Heaven?" and she was like "yeah, I think so. It's about a muchacho that goes on to some islands and teaches people".  I was like "yeah that's actually about my grandpa on his mission"!   Yeah, pretty nuts. Turns out someone had given her this movie who knows when, and she liked it so much she watched it like 4 or 5 times. And that was all she knew about the church.  Until now! :) go grandpa!
Love,

Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment