Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Gets A Lollipop

August 14, 2017

         Ok but seriously about the piano thing. First the mission presidents wife found out I could kind of play the piano so I played at a zone conference.  No big deal. Then because of that, someone offered me to play for the choir at a stake conference. Then because of that the stake leaders asked me to play at a meeting with missionaries and stake and ward leaders. Well at that meeting was one of the councilors in our branch presidency. So the next Sunday, a key board all of a sudden appeared at the church, (we had been singing along to CDs up until this time) and from that moment on until I was transferred from the area, I played the keyboard every Sunday (which is WAY harder than the piano, btw) so Practiquen, practiquen, practiquen! 

     You know what they say, "work hard play hard." Mom, glad you're finding time to play hard in the midst of all of your studying and clinicals! Holy crap, whats the deal with this eclipse thing? Once in a lifetime deal or something?  Landen -  jajaja "te gusta mi blingbling" jajaja i love it :) ah Landen, I remember cracking open coconuts with a machete in Tonga. Good times!  You really do feel cool swinging a machete around :) 


     Okay this week, well it wasn't the best but that just means next week will get better, right? As far as numeros go, we're in the pits.  Buttttt I know that's not all that matters ok, iIknow.  But it does kind of suck. 

      Training is hard because teaching is hard. Even if you know how to do something. Like speaking English for example, I know how to speak it, but have you ever tried explaining it to someone that doesn't know how?  More difficult. I know (mas o menos) how to be a missionary, but teaching someone how? More difficult.   Long story short, I don't think I'm going to be a teacher when I grow up. But I am learning a lot. My companion is super awesome! 

      A funny story, we were just at a michoacana (an ice cream place) and I was deciding between Oreo cookie and coconut, when this guy walks in and is like "Hey gringa, do you remember me? you were preaching the palabra down in the barona" and i was like "Uh...no sorry."   And then he looks at the guy behind the counter and tells him to treat me good because I preach the palabra de Dios.  Then he shakes my hand and walks out.  Okay...weird.  Then he comes back. Like 1 minute later and starts talking about how great I am because I'm serving the Lord.  At this point I'm paying for the ice cream (I decided on coconut) and I turn around and this guy just hands me a lollipop and leaves again.  Haha!!  The guy behind the counter was like "uh...do you know him?" well the answer is no, I don't think I had ever seen him before, but hey, free lollipop!!!

      Okay, but the real good news for this week is that even though we didn't have any investigators at church this Sunday, the 3 that got baptized the week before all came. AND Juan Carlos received the priesthood :) :)  And Pamela got called as a ward missionary and she's super excited to go on visits with us!!! As sad as it is that we don't really have investigators right now, these two give me hope! There are some GOOOD people out there ready to accept the gospel and ready to go to work!

Hermana Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment