Monday, August 7, 2017

Wherein Landen Speaks at a Fireside!


August 7, 2017

     That's cool that y'all had the missionaries over, we love eating with members here. Oh, and dad, I'm sure your lesson was still great.  My worst lesson-teaching at BYU was the Sunday after BYU lost to Utah by barely anything, and well, lets just say I showed up wearing a pair of chonclas with my suit; My lesson plan had ice-cream stains on it from the huge bowl of ice cream I had eaten to console myself after the loss; and I'm pretty sure I compared the Army of Helaman to BYU's football team at least 8 times; and we got out early!!

     Mom, that's pretty cool that you got to go to the cabin for camp. Speaking of the spirits of grandparents though, I got super trunky yesterday cause we watched The Other Side Of Heaven for a ward missionary fireside (fun Spanish word of the day: "charla foganera") It was super cool, but made me pretty homesick to see grandma and grandpa and even mom and dad for a half second at the end.  Super cool though - the purpose was to inspire members to be member missionaries, and not feel afraid to share the church with their friends/family/coworkers. So as the grandson of Kolipolki - of course they made me talk as a part of the fireside and answer questions about Gramps afterwards!  Guys - Spanish is hard!  But I made it through okay.  I also gave one of Grandpas books to the WML.  His name is Danny.  He's super cool. We all made it on his Instagram that night too (see pic)


Keep strong in school, mom and have fun in Iowa!

Love y'all,

Elder Bailey


{Sadie - the best advice I can give you: run faster. It solves every problem. If you're falling behind in a race - how can you fix it? Run faster. If you're not getting the times that you want - how can you fix it? Run faster. Even if you get tired in a race - how can you get less tired? Well, you sit down. But the only way you can sit down is after you finish - so the best thing you can do is finish as fast as you can - which means "run faster".
luv ya sis,
Elder Bailey}

[Also, a really cool mini cooper was out front of our house to other day. And I got a new pair of shoes, and the elder who just went home left me his sun glasses, so needless to say all of these combined for a super cool pic that can only be appreciated in print, so expect a great pic in the mail soon.]

No comments:

Post a Comment