I didn't forget about dad's birthday. And in memorial of his birthday, me and my comp hiked the closest mountain. It's no TableRock that we usually do for his birthday, but we probably got up to 250 feet above sea level or something crazy like that.
Tell Mary Jane Hi, and that I love her for me. I'll keep her in my prayers. Tell Lane he needs to start eating more sandwiches if he ever wants to get as big as me (btw, I definitely already grew an inch and a half out here, but Seth's prolly still taller).
First of all, I wish we could baptize enough out here to have 2 wards overflow the same chapel in the same day, but we're not quite to that point. We did get some this week, though, kinda, i'll tell you about that in a sec.
That's super cool about Parker leaving on his mish. Still super sad about Braydon though.
I'm jealous of the eclipse. All I'm gonna say - cause I don't want to think about how I'm missing a once in a life time opportunity. But tell the cousins hi!
Okay. Now the cool part of this week:
So I'm the designated driver of the car that we have here, and the only one with a license out of the 4 of us in Aguadilla because everyone else is Latino. Which means that when the DL has to go do DL stuff, we have to do an intercambio. There were 5 this week, 2 of them were full days. The two that were full days were when he had to go to the stake center to do baptismal interviews for the sisters in Mayaguez who are awesome and had three investigators baptized this week.
So I had to drive him to do these interviews, one on Friday for this super cool single mom who the sisters have been teaching, and 2 more interviews on Saturday for two little nenas that the sisters found and have been teaching for a while. The girls are 10 and 13. While he was doing the interviews I had to wait outside with the other people waiting. So I waited with the hermanas and with the muchacha that was waiting to be interviewed while her sister was being interviewed.
Anyways, we did the interviews, and we came home and about an hour later the DL got a call in which the sisters asked him if he could come back the next day, Sunday, to baptize the three investigators, cause they all wanted him to. Of course he said yes, so we made plans to be able to go back to Mayaguez again the next day. Then the next morning, the morning of the baptism, we got a text, saying that the 13 yo had asked if I could do her baptism. I was super caught off guard, cause I had only talked to her for like 30 minutes while her sister was getting interviewed, but I still said yes. When we got there, I don't even think she knew my name, cause she just referred to me as 'the one who plays the piano', but she still wanted me to baptize her! Her name is Naomi, her little sister is named Nani, and they're awesome, super cool little kids, I loved the opportunity I had to baptize her.
Here's a pic for ya' too. (Try to ignore how white my feet are compared to my face.)
![]() |
| (Response from Maelynn: "I thought you were wearing socks Landen. Haha") |
Love you all,
Elder Bailey

No comments:
Post a Comment