March 24, 2025
Wow, that came way too fast! Transfers came, and I am leaving Talavera!! I've honestly come to love Talavera so much over the last 12 weeks!! The members, the people, the city in general! Just the absolute best place!
This week was a good one. Not much crazy happened. On Saturday is when we received transfer news! I am going to Villa de Lago in the great city of Puno!! Its in the southern end of the mission, next to Lake Titicaca. I don't know how I feel about it. I have been wanting to change as far as certain factors go, but in the end, I don't really want to leave here, and not just because I'm lazy and don't want to pack my suitcases.
But in the end, i know that its all gonna work out, and im gonna be able to help more people! And i know that the members and our friends here are going to continue progressing.
Anyways, I guess that's the big update for this week.
The bus leaves tonight at 8, and I'll get to Cusco at about 5ish in the morning, and just chill for a couple hours until 8 when i catch another bus to Puno, which i think is another 4ish hours!!
So lots of traveling to be done!!
Also to end off my time here in Talavera I ran a 6:24 mile after only 10 miles of attempts... finally beating my 6:30 goal. So I guess <6min is my next goal.

Spiritual section:My spiritual thought is that we have to be open minded because it will bring about blessings. Well not really it will bring about blessings, but it will allow for blessings to be brought about!
My example is when I first came to Talavera! I was kinda bummed about leaving Calca. But after about 2 days, me and my comp were buddies, and from there I came to love this place so much!! Its really crazy to see how perspective changes with time!! But not on its own! We have to be willing and open to that change! Im sure that this will be the same case with going tl Villa de Lago, and so im trying to be ok with it.
I know this was certainly the case when I moved to Utah, except in that situation, I was way too close minded about the change for way too long. And only after i decided to make the most of it was i able to see the blessings.
My invitation is that we can all try and be a bit more loving, understanding, and willing in all things as we try and become more like our Savior!! The only one that can bring about a great change within each of us.
#godbewithyoutillwemeetagain
Final prayer list from Talavera:
- Ana Teresa and her two daughters
- Brayan and his whole family
- Mauro
- Albino and daughter
- Denilson and his mom Rosa
Love you all, keep being awesome, and Ill see ya next Monday from the other side of the mission :)
Bye
- Γlder Bailey


No comments:
Post a Comment