Monday, March 10, 2025

Wherein Lane Falls Asleep in Zone Conference

 March 10, 2025

Hey guys this week was awesome!! Honestly went by decently fast!!

Started off the week pretty normal, until Tuesday night we had to travel the 8 hours, and very winding road to Cusco for zone conference, it ended up taking longer, more like 10 hours, and so we got there and it was like 30 minutes before zone conference started. So i was pretty tired. And they told us, "now don't you go falling asleep on us"
... if you know me, you know, I did indeed fall asleep πŸ€¦‍♂️😴. I kept dozing in and out, until Presidents wife stared right at me and said, "I think some of us are tired and we all need to stretch a little bit, stand up!!!" Anyways, she didn't single me out but at the same time definitely singled me out.
That also makes 5/5 zone conferences I've fallen asleep in. (I try not to) also shout out to Γ‰lder Franco for snoozing with me in the last one.

But then after zone conference we had to drive 9 hours back. And when we got home at like 4:30am I realized, because I was so tired, I left my wallet and our new frying pan (random, i know) in the taxi. But anyways, the promise in John 14:26 is true, and I, in some miraculous way, remembered the phone number of the taxi driver that i overheard him tell a different passenger. That was a big miracle, cuz id have had no way to get my wallet or frying pan back.

Then the week its self was good. We have some friends, that are kids of a member who's been inactive for many many years, progressing that live like 2 miles away, which isnt too much, but a 4 mile round trip many times a week sometimes gets tiring. And one day we did some service carrying logs and branches for like 2 hours, and i was exhausted after doing that and walking back home.

Sunday was super awesome, we didn't have that many friends or converts show up, but this week a young man helped pass the sacrament. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but after like 10 weeks here, that's the first time a young man has helped and it made me sooo happy!! Also those friends that live 2 miles away came to church for the first time including the mom who hasn't come to church in years, so that made me soo happy!! And various other inactive members came, including some that live way up the side of the mountain, so that made me sooo happy too!! Very happy Sunday!!!

Umm today we went to a cave which was pretty cool, I'll put pictures in the Google photos if you wanna see.
Also we were walking to our house and our neighbor sells firewood and just got a huge shipment, and we stopped to help him but little did we know it would take 2.5 hours. So there went our entire Pday. But it was good to help them.
Also they all speak Quechua, and i actually understood a weirdly good amount of what they were saying! And even was able to talk a little bit!! It was freaking awesome!! Like I was asking questions, and learning about this lady and her family, and I was answering questions. Sometimes my comp would hear something, and ask me what they said, and I'd translate it, and then he'd be amazed, and be like "oh my goodness what the heck how did you do that" anyways it was a super awesome experience.
Also Grandpa Groberg told me that the most important thing is that you can learn is to bear your testimony, so I have been working on learning my testimony in Quechua, and really that's the only big thing I want to learn now. I let you know when I have it down

Matter of fact I have a new challenge: Share your testimony to someone you've never born your testimony to before. Bonus points if you do it in a different language, and more bonus points if you do it in a language you don't currently speak, and triple bonus points if you learn in Quechua with me!!
Anyways, that's my goal this week, I'll check back with you on that.

🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
 This week I just want to invite you guys to do something simple. And its an invitation that I know we've all been invited to do before. And that is just to look for little ways to serve others throughout the day!! I know i know... basic! But really its important! The Lord bring to past great things through the small and simple things that we do. And its true! I have seen recently blessings of serving. Whether its our family or a neighbor or maybe a mission companion. Its important that we are just serving always. Especially when its something small that you think wouldn't matter, you'd be surprised how much it can make someone's day!! 

Go put there and serve folks!! 

#becauseihavebeengivenmuch

Another week done, and lots more to go!! Woo hoo! Lets do this baby!!

Until next time fellas
 - Γ‰lder Bailey πŸ«‘ πŸ‡΅πŸ‡ͺ


No comments:

Post a Comment