Monday, January 27, 2020

Wherein Seth Teaches About Something He's Never Done!

January 27, 2020

     So this week while teaching a young couple, Franklin and Raquel, we started talking about the importance of marriage. Gotta say, it is kinda weird teaching people about marriage seeing how I have very little experience in that field. But amazingly they opened their hearts and listened and the words I spake in broken Spanish touched them and hopefully we can get them married and baptized in the next two weeks. Then they gave us some hot cocoa at the end of the lesson and 200 pesos for transport. Also their drunk in-law offered us some beer. They're awesome. 


     Then on Saturday the other elders in Pedregal baptized an ancient guy of 86 years and that was really cool. His name is Apolinar Chan but everyone calls him Pochis. So that was a fun experience. Life is really good though and the world is getting prepared for the second coming. 

Have a wonderful week,

Elder Bailey


P.S. Oh man, yeah, can't wait for that fun update on the wards. That'll be exciting.
 We don't cook a ton down here, mostly quesadillas, but all is really good if you put some habanero sauce on it. My favorite meal is... I actually don't know what it is, but we ate it on Thursday with the Salguero family, and it was awesome. I had thirds. Oh and yeah, save me some hot chocolate for when I get home in 18 months.
I added some pics to the google drive thing.





I actually got to see Seth's face LIVE this week on a very quick messenger call, but alas, there was NO SOUND heard from him  It was SO great to see his smile. Man, we all miss him somethin' fierce!


No comments:

Post a Comment