Monday, January 20, 2020

Wherein Seth "Breaks his Ward"!

January 20, 2020

So on Wednesday we had a service project in oen of the colonies, helping someone clean up their front yard a little bit cause it was overgrown with weeds. The thing is that they live in the jungle and you can't just put some gardening gloves on and pull the weeds. So we took some machetes and destroyed that place. Ended up looking pretty nice and I had a really good time sword fighting la jungla. Also had some pretty funny encounters with some drunks this week. PSA: don't drink alcohol. It ain't good for ya.

Anyway, we taught a lot of lessons and everything this week. We're teaching this family of 6 that is really awesome. They are all 7th day Adventists but they have some doubts about that church. Also all the kids love us and want to get baptized and go to church and everything. So hopefully all goes well with them.

This last Sunday we kinda broke the ward. Normally there are like 90 people that go to church every Sunday. But this week we visited a lot of less-actives and invited a ton of investigators and there ended up being a total of 178 people in that sacrament meeting. The ward members were very confused cause they aren't used to so many people...but I just had a smile on my face cause I could see the kingdom of God growing.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and hope you know that I love you all.

Elder Bailey   

Thanks for the update. Good job on basketball for everyone. (also I’ll betcha it was Miles who scored those two points for his team ;) I too am trying to grow an avocado... well at least I have been trying for a couple of months now. It hasn't grown at all. I also agree with that. we need to be wary of those times that we're not living in the right way and make a change. we don't even need to necessarily be in the great and spacious building calling others away from the tree. we could even be at the tree enjoying the fruit. Lehi leaves us an amazing example here when he partook of the fruit, he called others toward it, starting with his family. The purpose of the gospel is not to be enjoyed in solitary, rather with those you love. and it is infinite and everlasting and we need to share it with everyone because we know it brings blessings. all that's necessary is to open up you mouth and call others toward the tree with encouraging words. There may be some laman and lemuels who ignore what you say and miss out on the blessings, but there are still a ton of nefi sarah and sam that will listen to your words. Anyway, love you all. 
Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment