Life is good down south, we got like 20 some odd people in teaching and we got 7 of them to go to church on Sunday so that was a miracle. That is literally the hardest thing, just getting people to church. People will say yeah, then not show up so we got to see what happened and they're like 'oh next week for sure' ... they lied. Then all we can do is share the blessings we receive when we go to church and testify and invite and hope and pray for the best, then drop them as investigators cause they aren't progressing. But then this week we had people at church. And it was real weird cause our ward kinda freaked out cause they didn't really know what to do with strangers.
Funnest thing, I dunno. I destroyed everyone in my house at chess.
Craziest thing, not sure. life has kinda gotten a little more tranquilo since being here. We had a big ol ward mission activity planned for last Thursday which we've been working towards for like over a month and that got cancelled cause it rained so that was awesome.
I definitely have been wondering lately what I was doing wrong, and why nobody was progressing. I found an awesome scripture the other day, John 15:7 {“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”} ... and that really helped.
This week we found and started teaching two different families of five. They are about as different as can be but both, for one reason or another accepted us in their home and listened to the word of God.
This week we found and started teaching two different families of five. They are about as different as can be but both, for one reason or another accepted us in their home and listened to the word of God.
I love how much the gospel can bless families and the love that can be felt when all live in harmony with the teachings of the prophets.
Love you tons,
Seth
No comments:
Post a Comment