Wow, that was a crazy week! The film festival sounds cool! also, I've been meaning to ask you for a while now, but what belt are you in jujitsu? Like color and bar and everything if that's still how Emfield does his system... Mom says you're getting super jacked in jujitsu, and she says that Seth is getting super jacked in the gym, and I've... been getting fat on an island, at least until recently. My new comp first morning we had together pulled out a DVD player with a bunch of "Max 30: Insanity" videos (they are approved) and has been putting me through this crazy workout program that's killing me (not literally) - so, who knows, maybe I'll get put back into shape before I leave here.
Things are good with the new companion. That one that you saw in the pic was my new comp, but I'll try to send some more pics too. We haven't done anything super cool to be picture worthy yet.
Mom, in response to your WML question, no we do not have one here. We barely have enough priesthood to fill a branch presidency + an elders quorum president. So the new change is actually kinda nice for the branch cause now those responsibilities that formerly were either undone, or done by ourselves, are passed now to the EQP and RSP. In past areas though, the WMLs were huge helps. Especially in San Sebastian. (the WML was that girl Arliss, that you use to work with's, uncle) and we were able to coordinate with him frequently and put some huge things into action. We had a super good relationship with him and it helped a ton to connect with and help/receive help from the ward.
As for here, we had a great first week together with Elder Segura. We taught - I think a record amount- in Dominica, at least the whole time I have been here. We are still working with the Sanford family. This week we went up to the Indian reservation (where they are from) and helped him work on his moms house that he is building. I have some pics from that I'll try to send.
We are also working with a Haitian family. The dad's name is Dilicon, and we have been teaching him my entire time here. He comes to our Engilsh class, and to church and everything. He just recently though flew his family over from Haiti. He has 4 daughters ranging from 19-5, and all of them come to our English class now. And he took all of them to church this last week too. The hardest part is definitely that since they are from Haiti they only speak Creole, and my Creole is still not too good. So we are working to teach them, mostly through Delicon the dad since he speaks really good English already. We are super excited to see where these two great families go!
Sorry about all the influenza going around. I hope everyone can stay healthy!! I hope everyone back home gets better and doesn't die!!! But like for reals, plz don't die anyone, love you allll!!!
Elder Bailey






No comments:
Post a Comment