Monday, January 21, 2019

Wherein Landen Gets a Surprise New Companion!

January 21, 2019

     Heyyyy, sounds like everything is going well back home. Things are nice on the Island, Elder Mancilla left - that was sad. But Elder...........................(that's my drumline)..................Segura, got here. It is actually super interesting, so fun story, a couple of centuries ago when I started my training, I was sent to live in an apartment with 2 sets of Elders. Right when I got there one of the elders in the other companionship that lived with us was just finishing up his training (his first 12 weeks). Well, I was just starting mine. When I finished my first 12 weeks, that elder who was just finishing his when I got started left the area and his replacement was another little greenie who was going to be starting his training right as I was finishing mine. So- that first elder was Elder Mancilla, and his replacement was Elder Segura. 

       So its super like de ja vou-y that it kinda happened again. but Elder Segura is super cool. Like I said, we two lived together for a little bit at the beginning of our missions. We were only together for like 2 weeks, cause this lady came through our mission and destroyed everything, but now we're back together again for probably a couple more months. He is super excited to be out here and work hard, and so we are both ready to get some great work done. We've already seen many great miracles from the short time he has been here. He is from southern Temecula, California (it is the city right next to where I use to serve when I was in Cali). He's also a convert to the church (of about 5 years) and went to BYU before the Mission too!!! 

    Most of our week was going around for Elder Mancilla to say good-bye to people. We got to share with the Sanford family a little bit and they are doing super good. Then we had a long drive to the airport to pick up Elder Segura.  The mission refused to tell us who my new companion was, and they were being really cruel about it, so we had no idea who it was gonna be until he walked out the door of the customs area. And we both kinda flipped when we saw him, cause Mancilla and I had been thinking about and making predictions all week of who was going to come out and he was not even one we had thought of!  But any ways, it's gonna be a good time, I'm happy with how things worked out. 

     That's about it for things though.....Love you all super much!!! 

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment