Monday, March 12, 2018

Wherein Landen Says Farewell to Moreno Valley!

March 12, 2018

     How did Seth do at scholastic tournament? The team is a ton bigger this year then they were when I was there. And they made shirts...cool!

(Responding to this picture I sent to the kids of their friend wrestling their little brothers)...

Sounds like things are going well back home, I honestly didn't recognize Dan Whiting at all in that photo. I straight thought to myself: "Who is that strange character laying on my little brothers in my living room?" ...but then I read the caption so we's good!

{From Maelynn: I literally had the exact same thought, Landen..."Who is that stranger on top of my little brothers?" Lol. "Hi Dan".}

     Its been a pretty wet last week here in MoVal. Yup, you heard right, it was my last week in MoVal (Moreno Valley). I'm getting transferred! After 6 months here in the Barrio Nuevo, president finally decided it was time for me to leave.  So I'm going to Hemet!  And as would be supposed, an upgrade of missionary materials is in order: This Friday come the smartphones. And in my new area I'm leaving behind the bicycles, and picking up a 2017 bright white Toyota Tacoma. (pics to come when I get there.) 

     But now the more important part of the week. As I said, it was wet. And not only because it rained on us like three times, but also because we got to help the Ruiz family follow the path of the Savior and be baptized!

     It was a pretty crazy and stressful baptism. The mom has been planning on getting baptized on this date for like the past 2 weeks. But her daughter Allison we decided together on a date to get baptized on Thursday.  We got parental permission from her father on Friday. She was interviewed on Saturday.  And she got baptized on Sunday! 

     The service worked out super well.  A member fellow-shipper gave the talk, and another fellowshiping family sang a great musical number.  Everything thing worked out super great. I had the privilege of baptizing the mom, and Elder Moloney baptized Allison. It was the best last day in an area I probably could have possibly had. We have been teaching this family ever since I first got transferred to this area, and after six months of teaching they finally made it to the true Redil of Dios (Fold of God)!

     Thank you all for your prayers of love and support in behalf of this family. They worked and helped out un monton (a ton). It was actually super cool, cause it was on the year anniversary that I got to baptize the Ruiz family... :)

     I'm super definitely going to miss this ward though...and my bike... and my comp... and all of the people we've taught. They let me share my testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday to say goodbye and it was just so sweet looking out into the congregation that has been my family for the past six months, seeing Rafael, the Ruiz family, and even though Marcos didn't make it yesterday (cause his wife was giving birth),  I imagined he was there too, and all of the other members that I visited or went out with or had dinners with. I'm definitely going to miss this ward, but I'm also about to fall in love with another ward in Hemet. So I'm on to bigger and better and shinier things.  But I hope all of you guys are already planning on a pit stop in little Moreno Valley the next time we go on a family trip through California :)

     That's basically it for this week, but I love you all and I'll let you know about my new comp (his name is Elder Moon, btw) and my new area next week!

- Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment