Monday, January 22, 2018

Wherein Landen Learns That Many People Don't Get Married.

January 22, 2018
    
      Yeah to good Elders!  Tell them to teach your friends! Missionaries like it when members make the work easier for them like that.  And also make sure the kids don't learn too much Spanish from this kid from Spain when he comes, because when me and Maelynn get back we don't want dad to be the only one who cant understand the secret tongue!

     Heard about another marriage and so that's officially 3/4 of my prom dates that are now super married. lol!

      Things are going good in Moreno Valley. I'm still with Elder Loveridge. I did some math the other day and found out I've spent more time in his presence that I spent inside of Bonneville HS over all of high school! 

      The area is doing good though, Rafael got confirmed last week, he was also interviewed by the bishop and was found worthy to receive the priesthood, so he'll get that in 2 Sundays (since next Sunday is stake conference). Marco was supposed to get baptized pretty soon too (still might). 

     Marcos is another investigator that we've been teaching for a while and he's been reading a lot from the Book of Mormon, and coming to church and bringing his 4 yo daughter too. We've never actually taught his wife before, but he told us this last week that his wife started to read the Book of Mormon too, so that's cool.   Anyways, story with him is that he's supposed to get baptized on the 11th of February.  So this last Thursday we went over and taught him the law of chastity to prepare him for his interview - and lo and behold he is not married to his 'wife'.  They have a 4 yo and another one on the way and they never got married. Living together for 5 years and just never got married.  
     
     That is probably the biggest thing about Hispanic culture that I will never understand. I guess they just feel an  in-necessity of marriage.  So anyways, we have to get them married to get him baptized... but yeah, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Love you all!

Elder Landen Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment