Super cray cray about the ward splits. That's like the second time that's happen just since I moved out, isn't it? Or maybe they just switched up the bishopric the first time? IDK. Plus they renovated the chapel, so even if we keep going to that building idk if I'll even recognize that ward when I get back. lol rip.
Thanks for the updates on the little boys, I'm going to assume that Miles is still doing well, and just fell victim to the forgotten middle child syndrome.
I actually didn't get your Pres. Monson email, but I got the Teuscher one though and that is super dope! Speaking of President Monson though, it was actually kinda weird. So like as missionaries we testify about modern prophets quite a bit right, and almost every time without fail when we teach that the world still has a modern Prophet today , the first question people ask is "Quien es?" (Who is it?)
This happened the same day that we found out about Pres. Monson passing away, and it was weird at first, but still cool to within 24 hours of President Monson passing away, we were able to testify and indirectly sustain President Nelson. It was a testimony builder for me about the liveliness of the church, and how Joseph Smith said: "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing...It will go forth nobly, boldly, and independent."
It was definitely sad to hear about President T. S. Monson, but I also know that he is now on the other side of the veil working in the same work that we all have to do here on the earth still - to build the kingdom of God! And I know that to help His living church continue to grow, and enlargen and bring the salvation of life, through Christ, to all men, God will continue to call leaders and Prophets to support and guide us until the time is accomplished when "...the great Jehovah will say, the work is done" (J.Smith Jr.)
Speaking of building the kingdom of God: Idk if I've ever told y'all about my friend Rafael. Rafael is this amazing man that we have been teaching for about a month now and he is golden! He has lived alone for the past three years after his wife died (after a 7 year battle with cancer). He has always been so nice to us, and loves to learn. We have been teaching him for the last month and it has been amazing to see his progression in the gospel, his learning, and more than anything, his repentance. The Savior really can change lives, and bring peace and hope to our hearts and he really does do it when we let him. Rafael will be getting baptized this next Sunday, and I think the only people more excited then me about his decision to do so are God and him. He had his interview this last DdR and he came out crying tears of repentant joy as he hugged me and my companion. Just wanted to let you know how awesome he is.
Okay now a fun story. So there is this pepper that exists in this world called a Carolina Reaper. It's pretty hot, you can lookup just how hot if you really want to know, but it is somewhere near the top (it is the top), and we have these members in the ward who grow then in their yard. Super cool family named the Tenorios. Anyways we had dinner with this family recently and they had a basket of peppers that they had grown the Hermano started to tell us about all of the different peppers in there: Scorpion peppers, Devil's Tongue peppers, Ghost peppers, and this pepper - the Carolina Reaper. Just for fun some of us tried the devil's tongue one with our food. And it was supes hot. But I was easily able to stomach it and overcome the mouth pain. So I started to eyeball the Carolina Reaper. I stared at it for a while and contemplated.
Then suddenly my body acted without all of the reasoning of my mind, and I put the whole pepper in my mouth. A quick 5 chews and it was smashed just barely enough to slide down my throat. My mouth BURNED (the first of 3 times) and it took a good 15 minutes and a lot of flan to get the burn to go away. But eventually it did, and I went on my way. And we went out and worked hard that night. Right after I ate it the Hermano gave me like 6 tums and I ate all of them. The tums helped for a while and I didn't feel too much pain. Until about 1:00 the next morning when I woke up in a cold sweat and excruciating pain. My stomach was on FIRE!!! (the second of three times). The pain didn't go away for hours and I couldn't sleep. I went in between the bathroom and my bed until about 3:30 in the morning when the pain got so bad it hurt to even lay down so I had to get up and pace around, trying to do anything to take my mind off of the pain.
Then after many fervent prayers I went to the bathroom again and was finally able to push something out. And my butt crack was SCORCHED (the third of three times)... Like, hotter then my mouth ever even felt it! It was super bad, but after I got it out of my system I was at least able to sleep. I downed an entire probiotic shake the next morning and the next day I was fine and back to normal again. But the moral of the story is: Don't eat the hottest pepper in the world. It will probably triple burn you!
Anyways that's all I have for today, LOVE YOU ALL!!
Elder Landen Bailey
PICS...





No comments:
Post a Comment