Monday, November 20, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Enjoyed the Face to Face Event!

November 20, 2017

Well its been a good week my friends,
 But also the weirdest thing happened.  Friday we went to visit a reference that we got from the light the world activity, and she was super excited when we called her! We got to her apartment and she started telling us about her life, and shes 21 and had just moved here last Monday and was going to be studying in one of the universities here, and was super interested, accepted a baptismal date, had plans to come to church with us, and to the fireside for YSA on Sunday. We had given her number to a few YSA girls in our ward and they had been in contact with her.  Everything was perfect!! Then the next day, Saturday, we called her to remind her that we were going to pass by for her to go to church on Sunday, and she said, "Oh...I'm not going to be able to go".  And when we asked why, she said, "its just that well I moved to Puebla."  She was literally so golden that now I'm pretty convinced that it was all a dream, haha.


Sunday we got to attend the 'cara a cara' for young single adults. I love listening to the apostles, and it was fun to see the 2 of them laughing and answering questions together like 2 best friends. I liked the part that they talked about how as women we don't need to choose between an education/career, and a family. that we can, and should strive to have both!
(Still don't know what I want to study, so don't ask. but I do want to study something.)

Also yesterday me and my companion spoke in church - about the obra misional (missionary work)! surprise!

Basically I meshed all of the talks from the conference in April because they all talk about sharing the gospel. I talked about how we are all part of the family of God and that he wants all of His children to be able to return to Him.  And I talked about how we have been given the Holy Ghost to help us achieve this goal, and also to help others achieve this goal.  I talked about how blessed we are to live in these last days with the Restored Gospel on the Earth but with that knowledge comes a responsibility. a And I talked about how we need to be instruments in the Lords hands so that his purpose can be fulfilled "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."  And I told them that being a part of missionary work isn't so hard at all. All we need to do is 1: live worthy of the Holy Ghost. and 2: be willing to do the will of the Lord. ...because THIS is his will. I hope you guys can find opportunities to share the gospel at home too! (even though everyone's already Mormon...)

LOVE YOUUUU!

Hermana Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment