You should def invite the missionaries over for thanksgiving, missionaries are pretty cool people, hopefully the ones in your ward are obedient and good!
I had recorded a super cool video about the crazy day we had this week and I had some other pics as well, but the camera + library computer is not working today, so no go. Maybe next week. But here's what you need to know:
1) I crashed again on my bike (like #4 now) but I'm okay, I just ruined one of my shirts and had to go teach a lesson with a whole in my shoulder and my pocket half hanging off, but theat lesson was prolly one of the greatest ever so Yay!!!!!
2) First week in our companionship of only junior companions where we don't speak Spanish and it was one of the most successful I've ever had on my mission, hopefully we can keep this fire going.
3) Von G Keetch came and super inspired me. So he cool, I'll share one of the stories he told later
4) We had stake conference too, so my notebook got filled up this week.
5) we are also being super good about working out every morning to, so I'm getting in pretty good shape!
Okay, now cool story by Elder Keetch!
So he served his mission in Germany, and only ever had one baptism of a man named Philippe Assard. When he went home he had lost contact with Philippe and assumed he had gone inactive or something. So basically thought the only convert he had had on his mission was himself. Then he told us about his son's mission in South Africa in which he baptized 20+ people in his first transfer, 200+ people in his whole mission, so many his son couldn't even remember them all. He said that he had always felt like his mission had been a little worthless/unsuccessful because there were such prominent fruits of his labor like there were with his son's.
Now before I finish the story the reason this inspired me was because I feel/felt the same. Here I am 7 months into my mission still with out a baptism, still with out any leadership, still without any signs I've been a successful missionary. Then I read emails from my MTC companion whose training, and is DL and baptizes every week, or from Maelynn whose training and baptizing like crazy too and they low key make me feel like crap. Don't get me wrong, I love to read about all the joy my friends have in this but it sometimes sucks to not have that same joy for ones' self.
Anyways, next thing he told us was that the day he got called as a seventy almost 30 years later, he walked up and sat on the stand, then listened to Elder Andersons talk. I'm out of time so if you want to go listen to elder Andersons talk from April 2015 and look for the name of his one convert - you'll mind will be blown.
Love you allll!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Bailey
*P.S. Here is a link to the talk from Elder Anderson: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/thy-kingdom-come?lang=eng
*P.S. Here is a link to the talk from Elder Anderson: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/thy-kingdom-come?lang=eng
No comments:
Post a Comment