A member from my comps old area that I don't even know invited us over today and brought me a birthday cake! How nice are these people - seriously.
So a couple of sort of funny things happened this week.
So you know how its like the biggest missionary joke when you contact someone and they say "I'll call you" and NO ONE ever calls. ..Well someone called this week!
someone I guess I had contacted on a bus a month or 2 or who knows how long ago.
So we set up an appointment to visit him in the church, and we got an hermano to accompany us just in case. And it's a good thing we did, because he showed up just a liiiittle bit drunk. Enough that we couldn't teach him anything, didn't think it would go anywhere, invited him to church and that was it.
But then, HE SHOWED UP TO CHURCH! it was kinda crazy, but I guess we'll see how well he progresses.
someone I guess I had contacted on a bus a month or 2 or who knows how long ago.
So we set up an appointment to visit him in the church, and we got an hermano to accompany us just in case. And it's a good thing we did, because he showed up just a liiiittle bit drunk. Enough that we couldn't teach him anything, didn't think it would go anywhere, invited him to church and that was it.
But then, HE SHOWED UP TO CHURCH! it was kinda crazy, but I guess we'll see how well he progresses.
Also, being in Mexico for "dia de los muertos" was cool. We didnt' really do anything crazy, but one night before heading home we passed by a catholic church (not hard to do, there's one on every corner), and my comp was a little curious so we went in to look around (not inside, just the garden/yard area on the outside) and someone came up to us and told us that if we would persinar (cross our hand from our forehead and so forth like the Catholics do) that they would give us an offering. Well we weren't really interested in that, so we just kept looking around. But then a lady came up and gave us each a bag of fruit and pan de muerto (dead bread) and said it was a gift because we came to visit them! Yassss - the perks of looking like a foreigner!
Another funny thing... well the other day my comp was looking at pictures on my camera, and she found one she didn't like of herself and tried to delete it. But my camera is in English, and my comp doesn't know how to speak English except for "good morning" and "my body is beautiful" (no idea where she learned that) and she ended up deleting ALL of my pictures and videos that I have taken in the last 10 months!
so......Don't cry, (I almost did) - but then I realized that pictures aren't everything and also that I have been sending pictures home every week, so not allll hope is lost.
so......Don't cry, (I almost did) - but then I realized that pictures aren't everything and also that I have been sending pictures home every week, so not allll hope is lost.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, I hope Sadie had a freaking awesome quinceƱera!
(And thanks for the package! I'm waiting til tomorrow to open it, but I appreciate it and also the picture you took so early in the morning!)
love you fam!




No comments:
Post a Comment