May 15, 2017
Uh... talk about dreads! I'm not kidding when I say Tepoz is FULL of hippies!
![]() |
| This is Victoria, who I told you about! |
![]() |
| Skyping ya'll :) love my fam bam! |
Melchor FINALLY got baptized!!!! I honestly don't know how many baptism dates this guy has had, but POR FIN ya esta bautizado! Oh what an adventure! We have to go to this pueblo of San Andres where there's a font, and we had talked to the bishop there, and someone was going to fill the font for us, but when we got there with Melchor and his family, it wasn't full, and no one could figure out how to stop the drain. So while everyone was trying to find the switch, Hna Shook and I got a lid and put it over the drain with a huge rock and started filling it up, and it totally worked, but then everyone was upset about that and basically drained all of our water trying to figure it out! Anyways....we ended up starting an hour late, and the font was only like half full maybe. So, after dunking him like 3 times, they got out of the water and tried filling it up some more, for like 5 minutes, so it didn't do anything. and then tried again, still no.
So Melchor ended up sitting on his butt with his legs out and Sinai (the kid baptizing him) was on his knees, and finally he got under! I actually couldn't see anything because they were sitting down in the water! ;)
And then on Sunday when he was supposed to be confirmed he didn't show up until like 9:30!! (which isn't actually super late because we never start until like 9:20 which actually super sucks because its driven some investigators away)...But he's officially baptized and confirmed and now we're gonna work on getting him the priesthood!!!
![]() |
| Ah, this guyyyyyy! His name is Pajarito and he's 87 and yeah he has a baptism date! He even remembered where and when church was!! Milagros I'm tellin' you! |
All of the companions that Hna Shook has had in the mish...
Oops, I think I've been working out too much...que vergüenza!
This is Katia. She's less active, but wants to go on a mission, so we're reactivating her by making her come on visits with us. muahahhahha!
Ah yes, that's the best when Em comes up!! GOOOOD LUCK with your final, actually good luck trying to study! I can't believe I've been gone for 4 and a half months either. How time flies!
I can't believe how TINY the ccm is in the DR! 18 missionaries!!! That's nuts!! How fun to be on temple grounds though!
I LOVE YOU MAMACITA! TE AMO CON TODO MI CORAZON! FELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES! USTED ES LA MEJOR MADRE EN TODO EL MUNDO! QUIERO DARLE UN ABRAZO! buen suerte con su examen y sus uh clinicals...
te amo muchisimo!
con amor, Hermana Bailey








No comments:
Post a Comment