Monday, May 22, 2017

Wherein Maelynn Talks about Questions!

May 22, 2017

     This week was pretty usual - well, other than the fact that all of a sudden the weather jumped up to like a billion degrees! We now carry sweat rags around with us, so that we don't leave puddles every where we go.  We had divisions in Cuernavaca this week, and basically just got planched (ironed technically, but we use it when people roast you, or you get in trouble for something) for our Spanish.  But it's true, we speak a lot of English together, and for that, our Spanish has very little progression.  So we've been trying to do better at speaking Spanish together.  It's just hard when you want to express yourself more, and you know the other person will understand you if you just speak in English.  But we're working on it, and God is helping us. This is just a tiny sacrifice that we have been asked to give while here on our missions.  We can give up English in return for who knows how many blessings God has in store for us!

     Aw, pobrecitos (little bro's)... that always happens, when one person gets sick, everyone gets sick, well maybe not everyone, but for some reason, I always did!  One of the many miracles here, is that I haven't really gotten sick at all.  I don't understand why not, but both me and my companion have had ridiculous health!   I heard about Seth getting into Bonnevaires, that's nuts!!!  But I feel super happy that he's doing it, because honestly that was basically the best part of high school -  and I got a lot of killer friends from being in Choir!  Yay Dad - I'm pumped to see the yard after another year working on it.  Not at all jealous that you guys get to move more rocks :)  Woah- Jaden's home already?!!   

     Hermana Shook and I talk about how we often have investigators that ask a lot of questions, and when they do, we like it, because it means they want to learn more, they want the answers, and they're searching for something more!  And sometimes, they ask questions that we don't exactly know the answers to, so we think about it, we study, and our knowledge and testimonies grow as well!  Asking questions is good, but there can also be a point that it's just too much.  Along with investigators with lots of questions, we have some who let those questions get in the way of their progress.  They want to know ALL the answers and they lack faith.  We should always be asking questions, searching to know more, and expand our knowledge,  but more than that, we need to HAVE FAITH that we will never know everything!  But God knows everything, so if our trust is based in Him, we don't need to know everything!

Love,
Hermana Bailey


Zone Conference

Zone Conference with Presidente

No comments:

Post a Comment