5/2/2017
** Editor's note: On Sunday, April 30th, Maelynn was able to call home (Skype) with us on the day of her brother Landen's farewell. It was an emotional 47 minutes - filled with laughter, smiles, updates, dancing, singing, story telling, and happy tears!
** Editor's note: On Sunday, April 30th, Maelynn was able to call home (Skype) with us on the day of her brother Landen's farewell. It was an emotional 47 minutes - filled with laughter, smiles, updates, dancing, singing, story telling, and happy tears!
Dear Family,
The connection was so good at first, and then it just went downhill super fast - dang it! I was bummed that it was so short (Hermana Shook said most people talk to their family for an hour and a half or 2 hours), so 47 minutes was really fast, but I was just happy to get to see everyone!
I'm super excited for Landen to get out here and be a part of this incredible work as well! It really is incredible. It's hard. I really struggle with the language, we see a lot of rejection. I'm tired ALL the time. My feet hurt from walking all day long, my back hurts from carrying my bag, I miss music and dancing, I miss Chick-FIl-A, I just really want to go swimming...but somehow I'm happy, Super Happy!
And I keep going, and I want to keep going. Somehow, Tepoztlán feels like home. I miss you guys, but I don't want to come home. Not yet. So far the mission has been a great experience, but its meant to be life changing, and I'm not at that point yet, I've still got a long ways to go, and I look forward to it!
Love,
Hermana Bailey
[Me acting like a weirdo, just the ushe...uh I don't know how to abbreviate usual.]
![]() |
| {Our english class, soooo fun!} |
![]() |
| {This is a members yard! It feels like you walk into a completely different world! He gave us little plants :) } |






No comments:
Post a Comment