Monday, April 21, 2025

Wherein Lane witnesses THREE Baptisms!

 April 21, 2013

   Well, I'm still here in Perú, chugging along. Days are getting repetitive, not sure if that's good or bad, I'm gonna say kina bad. But the work carries on! But yea. This weekend at least was good and mixed things up a bit.


First of all, of Friday, Jennifer got baptized. I got to baptize her, which was sweet!! She is the absolute best. She's 18, and has the cutest 4 m old baby, Nain. It was awesome to help her progress and see her desire and everything.
After her baptism, but before we ate the cake and what not, we had ward choir practice and so she stayed for that.
And ended up singing with us on Sunday! Which was a miracle because she said she was going to travel Saturday and Sunday.

Then Brandon, the one I've talked about for the last few weeks, got baptized this Saturday!! It was a combined baptism with 3 other wards!! With 6 people baptized in total!! It was awesome!!

Also before that joint baptism, the sisters from our district called, and asked if I'd baptize their friend Yamila!! (They know im the best with kids) She is the sweetest. She is only 8 years old, and was super afraid of going in the water, but after a little bit of talking, she was very brave, and got baptized. (Even if I had to carry her out of the font)

Ohh and it was zone conference and interviews with president.

Anyways, that's about all that happened this week, if you got a sec and wanna email me, no problem, P-day is kinda lame.

🌱🌊 Spiritual section:
 Hehe, I know basically every missionary  is gonna have Easter as their spiritual thought, (probs because it was easter 🤷‍♂️) and im not gonna be any different.
Easter was super awesome!! Mostly because there was no eggs, or bunnies this time. It was an all around focus on Jesus. I read a bunch of the Bible this week, which is cool cuz I like never read the bible! But also I read a lot of the Book of Mormon too. I always find it so amazing. That these people who never had seen Jesus, had so much faith in him!! And bore testimony of Him for hundreds of years, until eventually He showed up!!
Sounds an awful lot like our day and age! The majority of us probably haven't seen Jesus. But we too can testify and have faith in Him, until one day as well, we'll see Him in person too!
How lucky that the people in Jerusalem and around there got to see Jesus, and walk and talk with Him.
But how lucky are we that we haven't, and still believe.
John 20:29: "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
I hope we can always believe and have faith in the resurrected Christ! Happy Easter everyone!!

#Christthelordisrisentoday

Love you guys... see you next week!

Bye
 - Élder Bailey 🫡 🇵🇪












No comments:

Post a Comment