Monday, May 22, 2023

Wherein Sadie Crosses Into Brazil!

 May 22, 2023

Hey guys! How are you all doing? This week was good but I'm not feeling as wordy as usual, I'm kinda tired, but to recap a little of what I did this week... 


Did a capacitación in district council and learned a lot as I was preparing it! 

Saw that God leads us where we need to be and ended up in the hospital teaching our friend Mauro that we thought we'd never see again as he fell back into drugs. Part of the thing I got to prepare for district council was on how to support those with addiction and in recovery, it was perfect timing.

Went to Maldonado for a multizone conference and learned a lot and talked with some cool missionaries and i got mail!! 

Friday we had intercambios and it was a strange day but we had like 10 enseñanzas so it was a good day! We had a lesson with someone that we were genuinely so stumped if they were a girl or boy, got headbands from a member, knocked on an old guys door and he looked at us through the window then suddenly we heard crying and screaming and were very worried for him but had the impresión we needed to just get out of there so we did, and most importantly....our sweet friend Ana is on date for baptism now!! I know so strongly that it is the spirit that teaches and that God takes our efforts and makes up the rest. My baptismal invitation was so bad. Like nothing was coming out of my mouth right and it just was not good and she said no before i even got to it....but then there was a member there sharing their testimony and the Spirit did it's work and now she's on date for June!! We fasted for her this weekend to help her accomplish this goal! Thank you for your prayers for her! Sometimes I'm just not a super great missionary haha and things just dont sale de mi boca bien and I can't seem to teach well but all that God asks is for my best and as I give that, He makes up for the rest!!! What a very very beautiful thing! Being a tool in His hands is a great privilege! 

Saturday I went to Chuy to get my companion back from exchanges and we crossed the border to Brasil so that was super cool!! Except our phone broke again and wouldn't turn on for like 2hrs on the way there at like 6am so me and this other missionary were just on a bus in a foreign country headed to the border of Brasil without a phone. I accidently set off the emergency siren on the phone from pushing the power button so many times and woke up the whole bus(yes super embarassing)and ya that day was a mess but also we got acai in brasil which was soooooo yummy and I prayed and prayed and the phone turned on and worked again so all is well!!

Well this ended up wordy anyways but just think how bad it could've been if I had energy lolol!

You should go read Moroni 10:32♡♡♡
I am just so grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary and be here in Uruguay! I am so grateful for all the people I've met so far and I am so beyond grateful for all of you supporting me!! 6 months has gone by so fast!! I maybe haven't accomplished all the goals I came here with, like having a baptism lol but I've accomplished more than I ever thought because Christ is my strength! I am giving this next year my whole heart might mind and strength! All in! 

Love you all!!!
Ofa lahi atu!!!

Hermana Bailey

Spider count: we have a new friend in our window that I see every night before bed! 

Pictures: 
6 meses, it's FALL!!!!!, chuy and waiting for the bus, lesson with Ana after she accepted a fecha!!, intercambios walking in campo, last videollamada con our jenifer dorada, headbands from a member hahaha this picture is just a gem- please enjoy!!, hospital, van ride to Maldonado, MAIL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment