Hola todos! Como andan? Andan bien?
This week was a lil different but super fun! Tuesday we were in a trio here in 33 then the hermanas from chuy came and stayed with us because we had zone conference on Wednesday, which ended up being a whole day thing. We all had lunch together after then did some studies together and then did a choca de fuerzos where we all worked in the same areas and just tried to talk to everyone and knock doors. They did it in our area so now we have a bunch more friends to try teach!! Vamo arriba!
Then Thursday we had interviews with President here and funny story I thought he was like calling me to repentance and I just thought like oh man what did I do?! Turns out he wasn't, I just am not quite an expert at spanish yet. Lol. Classic miscommunications. He was just sharing with me what he does to always be progressing because i shared with him how ive recently felt like i was just going through the motions as a missionary and I've recently kind of had to recommit myself to my decision to wear this plaque every day and be a full time representative of Christ and it was just a good discusión and now yo hago un patrón de arrepentimiento tambien como mi presidente. And its intentional again and it's beautiful. Reading scriptures every day is super important and there's so many things like that that I recommend doing, but if there's anything I would recommend starting right now, today, it would be daily repentance. What an amazing gift we have to be able to use the Atonement and be forgiven and improve and become better each day. Always progressing upward and becoming more like Christ. I dont want to be the same person in a year or even in a month as i am today. The more i use the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the more i want to share the gospel with others. Just like its a lot easier to introduce a friend to someone than introducing a stranger, its a lot easier to invite others to come unto Christ when you have a personal and close relationship with Him!! Christ lives. He is my friend and my Savior. And Hago means"i do" its not command form. And now I'll never forget that.
Then after interviews we got on a bus to Montevideo. We stayed in an extra apartment of the mission that is super boujee and we got to go to McDonald's and see some of the city and we also got to go to the distribución center and get some new garments and a cute little book of mormon... was seriously like Christmas! Friday we did that stuff in Montevideo and we went to migraciones to start our process of being legal here!! haha. Then we went back to 33. I sit down on the bus and I had the very back seat by the bathroom and I just wanted to eat my food then sleep, so i take my dramamine pill so I don't get sick and it basically just knocks me right out, but as soon as I shut my eyes, this old guy sitting next to me that smells very strongly of smoke or beer or both, started talking to me. I was pretty annoyed and so tired like literally drugged up tired, but the thought just popped into my head that we pray every day to find people... I better not pass any opportunities. Well not sure he's interested, but I had a nice, sleepy 5 hr bus ride learning about trees and paper and rice and corn and cows in Uruguay. Yeehaw!!
We had a really good video call lesson with our friend Jenifer. She is golden. We finally found someone that we hear about in all missionary stories, that's just so ready!!...and we have to give her as a reference to other missionaries cuz she doesn't live here. But I am grateful for the opportunity to be a little part of her story and it gave me a lot of animo for the work, to have found someone so ready! I know the missionaries there will take good care of her.
Sunday, all the missionaries got invited to stake choir practice and.... I've never felt second hand embarassement so bad in my life. Basically the director is brutal and half the missionaries got booted from the already small choir because they can't sing!
Anyways that was kinda our week and then we just got transfer news yesterday but i was supposed to send this email monday and not know yet so imma leave yall hanging and tell you next week! Just know I'm very grateful for my time with hna heyborne in 33! This cambio has been the best! Catch yall next week! It's a real privilege to be part of the Lord's work here!
Sorry for the long email mom, I just had fun adventures to tell that i didnt journal all of and its easier to type to catch up. Love you!
LOVE YOU ALL MUCHOOO! hope you have a great week!
Hermana Bailey

Spider count: haha this weeks adventure was actually a fat slug on our counter! Howd it get there? I don't even wanna know. I'll take it over spiders any day though
Pictures:
33
Montevideo adventures, McDs, and city views!!
Facetime fam- Leo
my comp remembered my half birthday- what?!
Hna wonnacott!
Postre with heyborne
No comments:
Post a Comment