So this week we met a guy named Macario. I could talk for hours about him (mostly cause he talks for hours and tells us his life story any time we visit him so I have a lot of material) but he's awesome. After we taught him the restoration he took the Book of Mormon that we left him and it. The next day he told us he had made it to chapter 11 and compared it to the Bible and that he knew it was true. So that was a pleasant surprise. It is truly incredible the power that the Book of Mormon has. Also the other night we had an awesome zone activity where we put up a stand outside of Walmart, put on Santa hats, sang Christmas hymns and gave away a ton of Book of Mormons wrapped up like presents.It was super fun and the Christmas spirit was abounding.
But yeah, this week was awesome and I'm way excited for Christmas. Also I want to challenge all of you to think of a friend of yours that hasn't experienced the joy in reading this book, and give them one as a gift with a little testimony of yours.
Love you all and hope that y'all have the best week ever.
Elder Bailey
P.S. if you don't have a Book of Mormon to give away, just call up the missionaries. they have some extras, I promise.
(To mom:)
Mom, my week was awesome. yeah, in the beginning I was told I was gonna be there for the 12 week training program so I started that then it just got comical to say 16/12. It's really good being a trainer. full of adventures. yesterday a family from Utah who was on vacation wanted to donate some food and money to some families in need and came to Pedregal which is the poorest of the wards in Cancun so I got to take them around to a couple families who could use the money. They were really chill. They said they were from Bountiful, both of the parents graduated there. His name was Mike, (I forgot their last name. It started with an S and was relatively short. Stout maybe?) ...don't know but he said he has an older sister named Amy and something and lives close to your parents house but doesn't know them. Anyway that was fun. They sure had their eyes opened when we started driving in the colonies.
Wish Lane a happy belated birthday ...and I'll see you on Christmas.
Love
Seth
No comments:
Post a Comment