Friday, August 9, 2019

Wherein Seth Teaches Us about Patience.

August 9, 2019

   Dad, 
     Happy to hear things are going well at home. You can use all the sulfur you want, and the ammonium nitrate I left in the back of the Subaru you can also use, but I would suggest mixing it 95 to 5 with that aluminum powder and using it as tannerite. It's a lot more fun. Then you can also use the potassium nitrate for whatever, it's a stump remover but it could work as a fertilizer... Not sure. The potassium perchlorate prolly isn't good for plants but you can mix it two to one with the aluminum powder and just get rid of it all in a fascinating boom for your bday next week or Jackson's tomorrow. Either way, probably shouldn't throw them all away together because they could break open in the truck, mix, and destroy some poor garbage truck. That wouldn't be good. 
My companion is from San Antonio but has lived all over the south because his dad's in the military. They sell digital cameras here in the tienda for 2100ish pesos (~$120) so I could just but one. Or if you find out a safe way to transport it, you can do that. I also would like grandpa's first two books to read later in my mission so if you sent the camera, it'd be nice if you could send those too. Heck, maybe you could hide the camera inside one of the books. I dunno. Anyway, best of luck with the Spanish and your new job. I'll see if I can call you on your birthday with Google Hangouts or Facebook messenger. 
Love you a million,
Seth

Elder Bailey

Mom, 
So I didn't get to email yesterday because they changed my p-day to Friday this week so that we could all meet with the consolate and get some green cards or something today. Funny enough, they didn't even
have my district in the list so we're not even doing that. I hope all goes well with grandpa, I'm sure it will all work out in the end. It makes me happy that the youth conference went well, in all reality I didn't do a lot of planning for it but from what I heard in all the meetings I went to to plan it, it was supposed to be pretty awesome.
Life here is pretty routine. I wake up every morning, 5 am, and make some soup. It's the best. Jk I wake up at 6:30, shower and get ready for the day, go to breakfast at 7:30, class at 8, lunch at 12:15, gym time, and class again at 2:30 until dinner at 6:45. We then have study time from 7:30 til 9 and then go back to the house, journal and just
hang out til bed at 10:15. Yesterday was an incredible day in kinda a strange way. My companion is having a pretty rough time here (please keep him in your prayers), he gets frustrated when asked to do things
in Spanish because, funny enough, he's not fluent in Spanish, much like the rest of us. I love him to death and try my best to help him with whatever knowledge I might be able to offer, but he usually pushes me away and tries to figure it out on his own. It's kinda hard
being rejected/ shunned for trying to help (which I'm sure will happen plenty in the field) so I ended up reading in preach my gospel and opened to the page on the Christ-like attribute of patience. I hadn't
read it in a while so I did and it was exactly what I needed. I couple hours later our teacher lead a Book of Mormon read which was Alma 38. It too talked about patience. We had a great discussion on the topic and my teacher told of her time on her mission and what it taught her.
She said she tends to get frustrated at small things and that when she does, she thinks of Christ. No matter how small the inconvenience in life, he suffered for it.
I know He didn't just come to the earth to pay for our sins, 
He loves us so much that He knelt down and felt everything we would. He felt the broken bones, the stitch in your side, the debilitating and splitting headaches that never seem to end, the frustration when your
toddler breaks your China, the worried soul, and the broken heart. Everything. I'm sure He knew what they were like, but that wasn't enough. He wanted to feel what they were like so that when we had to feel them too, we could rely on him.
    This reminds me of a line in El Cristo Viviente, Él dio Su vida para expiar los pecados de todo el género humano. La Suya fue una gran dádiva vicaria en favor de todos los que habitarían la tierra. El expiación es realmente una dádiva para todos. Amo este eviiangelio y la experiencia que estoy predicando.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I love you lots.
A fellow servant in the Lord, 
Elder Bailey 

No comments:

Post a Comment