Monday, February 11, 2019

Wherein Landen Sees Blessings in Blisters!

February 11, 2019

      I was very sad to hear about Mary Jane. Thanks for letting me know though. 

     This week was a cool one.  We started teaching a friend named Richardson, and he is progressing super well! so well that it looks like he will probably be baptized this weekend!  He was super elect for the Gospel, and it has been a really cool experience teaching him. He speaks English, but not super well.  So we have been teaching him 95% in Creole, with the help of a member that referred him to us who speaks a little more English than he does (both are Haitian).  We have been teaching a ton of other people as well and helping them all to progress in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

     I guess the one problem we had this week was that yesterday was the opening day for the carnival festival here in Dominica. and we were visiting with a family that we are teaching when the carnival started to pass in front of their house. Which made it so we couldn't move our parked car for multiple hours, and we were forced to leave their appointment early to walk 40 minutes to our next appointment - Both because we didn't have a car, and we had to get away from that carnival environment. It was pretty raunchy with loads of people with way too much alcohol in them. 

     We also had a nice opportunity this week to offer some service.  We helped a friend of ours dig some holes in her yard for cement foundation posts.  It seemed to go pretty well, I got really blistered up though. And afterwards she fed us lunch and gave us some typical Dominican food. I got the whole plate down okay, but Elder Segura couldn't finish it! But then I ended up puking it all back up an hour later when we got back to the church. It was worth it though ... puking and blistered hands are always worth helping people. 

    We also had multiple Haitian investigators make us dinner this week. Haitian food is pretty good. I didn't puke with either of them.  It still doesn't quite beat Puerto Rican food, but its a close second.

 Love you all bunches!!

     Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment