Monday, February 25, 2019

Wherein Landen Only Has 6 Days Left on The Island of Dominica.

February 25, 2019

(Landen video chatted with me and then I asked him to write an email as well!)

   Hello family,

      My week was good down here... it sounds like everything is going well back home. I wish luck to all the boys with science fair projects or senior project  - whatever it may be.

      We have been teaching a lot of people down here in Dominica and having a really great time. This week we were able to share a lot with the Sanford family and help them to progress a Little closer towards a potential future baptismal Covenant.  They're currently praying and pondering about a potential baptism for March. Please pray for them as they consider these options.
 
       We are also teaching the Ger family. They are a super great family from Haiti. I think I have told you about them already, they are doing well in learning English and coming to our English classes, but it is still a little difficult for us to teach them. Our Creole is improving but still not all too great. 

      We had a fun branch conference this last weekend, and we got to hear from the first counselor in our mission presidency and his wife. President Mohr and Sister Mohr visited us a couple months ago as well, they are really great couple. It was awesome to see as well that our friend Julian got to receive the priesthood. Julian was a less active member from Haiti that we found and brought back to church a couple of months ago. After some hassle getting his records transferred over he was finally able to advance in the priesthood.  He was the member that gave us the referral for Richardson who was baptized last week. Richardson is also doing very well, he has been very active and faithful in church and has been talking about the church to all of his friends and neighbors both here in Dominica and all around the world.

      Unfortunately my time here in Dominica is coming to a quick close. I will be flying back to Puerto Rico to spend my last 6 weeks somewhere over there. I still don't know who my companion will be, or what area I will even be in, but wherever it will be a fun last 6 weeks. Dominica has been a really great place - it will be hard to leave but I'll definitely come back and visit again sometime in the future. Thank you all for all of your prayers and support I love you all sooooooo much.

      Have a great week everybody,

Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment